Re: Knit Cafe' Seattle

    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 14, 2008
      I tried going out and the roads are just too icy out here where I
      live. I will call the museum to let them know that I won't be there
      to set up, and will most likely be cancelled. We can try again in
      January. Better safe than sorry!

      Karin

      --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@...> wrote:

      > I'm going to go in case people decide to come. If there are just a
      > few we can have the raffle in January. The snow is beautiful to look
      > at but not much fun to drive in !
      >
      > Karin
      >
      > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "rufusthecelt" <oddlief@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > so i'm guessing no knit cafe today?
      > >
      > > beth
      > >
      > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@>
      wrote:

      > > > Hi, It's snowing as I write. If it really starts coming down
      > there
      > > > won't be a Knit Cafe' at the Museum. We can postpone our holiday
      > > > celebration and raffle until January. Let's keep our fingers
      > crossed !
      > > >
      > > > Karin
      > > > Snohomish

    • rufusthecelt
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 14, 2008
        Mary Ann has offered me a ride and it looks like we will go

        Beth
        --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@...> wrote:

        > I tried going out and the roads are just too icy out here where I
        > live. I will call the museum to let them know that I won't be there
        > to set up, and will most likely be cancelled. We can try again in
        > January. Better safe than sorry!
        >
        > Karin
        >
        > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I'm going to go in case people decide to come. If there are just a
        > > few we can have the raffle in January. The snow is beautiful to look
        > > at but not much fun to drive in !
        > >
        > > Karin
        > >
        > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "rufusthecelt" <oddlief@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > so i'm guessing no knit cafe today?
        > > >
        > > > beth
        > > >
        > > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@>

        > > there
        > > crossed !

      • rufusthecelt
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 7, 2009
          Are we doing a gift exchange for this month's cafe?

          Beth
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 7, 2009
            If people would like to do a gift exchange that would be fun.
            We could hold the raffle too for the Finnish mitten kit, proceeds to go
            to the textile collection.

            wrote:

            > Are we doing a gift exchange for this month's cafe?
            >
            > Beth

          • rufusthecelt
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 8, 2009
              I would like to do it. I ran into alex and he sounded interested in
              it. That sounds like a fine idea to me.

              Beth

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 8, 2009
                Hello,

                We will try again, weather permitting, to have a festive Knitters Cafe'
                on January 18th. If people would like to participate in a gift exchange
                that would be great. We can hold a raffle for the Riihivilla Finnish
                mitten kit, proceeds to benefit the textile collection. It starts at
                1PM with a potluck.

                Pat Brunner will give a short talk on Norwegian knitting then hold a
                Q&A session on steeking, stranding techniques, and more. Check out her
                beautiful designs on Ravelry as Patknitter ! She'll be teaching
                Contemporary Nordic Design at the Nordic Knitting Conference.