Knit Cafe' Seattle

    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 14, 2008
      I'm going to go in case people decide to come. If there are just a
      few we can have the raffle in January. The snow is beautiful to look
      at but not much fun to drive in !

      Karin

      --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "rufusthecelt" <oddlief@...>

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 14, 2008
        I tried going out and the roads are just too icy out here where I
        live. I will call the museum to let them know that I won't be there
        to set up, and will most likely be cancelled. We can try again in
        January. Better safe than sorry!

        Karin

        --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@...> wrote:

        > I'm going to go in case people decide to come. If there are just a
        > few we can have the raffle in January. The snow is beautiful to look
        > at but not much fun to drive in !
        >
        > Karin
        >
        > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "rufusthecelt" <oddlief@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > so i'm guessing no knit cafe today?
        > >
        > > beth
        > >
        > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@>
        wrote:

        > > > Hi, It's snowing as I write. If it really starts coming down
        > there
        > > > won't be a Knit Cafe' at the Museum. We can postpone our holiday
        > > > celebration and raffle until January. Let's keep our fingers
        > crossed !
        > > >
        > > > Karin
        > > > Snohomish

      • rufusthecelt
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 14, 2008
          Mary Ann has offered me a ride and it looks like we will go

          Beth
          --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@...> wrote:

          > I tried going out and the roads are just too icy out here where I
          > live. I will call the museum to let them know that I won't be there
          > to set up, and will most likely be cancelled. We can try again in
          > January. Better safe than sorry!
          >
          > Karin
          >
          > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm going to go in case people decide to come. If there are just a
          > > few we can have the raffle in January. The snow is beautiful to look
          > > at but not much fun to drive in !
          > >
          > > Karin
          > >
          > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "rufusthecelt" <oddlief@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > so i'm guessing no knit cafe today?
          > > >
          > > > beth
          > > >
          > > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@>

          > > there
          > > crossed !

        • rufusthecelt
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 7, 2009
            Are we doing a gift exchange for this month's cafe?

            Beth
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 7, 2009
              If people would like to do a gift exchange that would be fun.
              We could hold the raffle too for the Finnish mitten kit, proceeds to go
              to the textile collection.

              wrote:

              > Are we doing a gift exchange for this month's cafe?
              >
              > Beth

            • rufusthecelt
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 8, 2009
                I would like to do it. I ran into alex and he sounded interested in
                it. That sounds like a fine idea to me.

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 8, 2009
                  Hello,

                  We will try again, weather permitting, to have a festive Knitters Cafe'
                  on January 18th. If people would like to participate in a gift exchange
                  that would be great. We can hold a raffle for the Riihivilla Finnish
                  mitten kit, proceeds to benefit the textile collection. It starts at
                  1PM with a potluck.

                  Pat Brunner will give a short talk on Norwegian knitting then hold a
                  Q&A session on steeking, stranding techniques, and more. Check out her
                  beautiful designs on Ravelry as Patknitter ! She'll be teaching
                  Contemporary Nordic Design at the Nordic Knitting Conference.