Knit Cafe' Seattle

    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 13, 2008
      Hi, It's snowing as I write. If it really starts coming down there
      won't be a Knit Cafe' at the Museum. We can postpone our holiday
      celebration and raffle until January. Let's keep our fingers crossed !

      Karin
      Snohomish
    • rufusthecelt
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 14, 2008
        so i'm guessing no knit cafe today?

        beth

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 14, 2008
          I'm going to go in case people decide to come. If there are just a
          few we can have the raffle in January. The snow is beautiful to look
          at but not much fun to drive in !

          Karin

          --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "rufusthecelt" <oddlief@...>

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 14, 2008
            I tried going out and the roads are just too icy out here where I
            live. I will call the museum to let them know that I won't be there
            to set up, and will most likely be cancelled. We can try again in
            January. Better safe than sorry!

            Karin

            --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@...> wrote:

            > I'm going to go in case people decide to come. If there are just a
            > few we can have the raffle in January. The snow is beautiful to look
            > at but not much fun to drive in !
            >
            > Karin
            >
            > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "rufusthecelt" <oddlief@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > so i'm guessing no knit cafe today?
            > >
            > > beth
            > >
            > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@>
            wrote:

            > > > Hi, It's snowing as I write. If it really starts coming down
            > there
            > > > won't be a Knit Cafe' at the Museum. We can postpone our holiday
            > > > celebration and raffle until January. Let's keep our fingers
            > crossed !
            > > >
            > > > Karin
            > > > Snohomish

          • rufusthecelt
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 14, 2008
              Mary Ann has offered me a ride and it looks like we will go

              Beth
              --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@...> wrote:

              > I tried going out and the roads are just too icy out here where I
              > live. I will call the museum to let them know that I won't be there
              > to set up, and will most likely be cancelled. We can try again in
              > January. Better safe than sorry!
              >
              > Karin
              >
              > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I'm going to go in case people decide to come. If there are just a
              > > few we can have the raffle in January. The snow is beautiful to look
              > > at but not much fun to drive in !
              > >
              > > Karin
              > >
              > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "rufusthecelt" <oddlief@>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > so i'm guessing no knit cafe today?
              > > >
              > > > beth
              > > >
              > > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@>

              > > there
              > > crossed !

            • rufusthecelt
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 7, 2009
                Are we doing a gift exchange for this month's cafe?

                Beth
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 7, 2009
                  If people would like to do a gift exchange that would be fun.
                  We could hold the raffle too for the Finnish mitten kit, proceeds to go
                  to the textile collection.

                  wrote:

                  > Are we doing a gift exchange for this month's cafe?
                  >
                  > Beth

                • rufusthecelt
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 8, 2009
                    I would like to do it. I ran into alex and he sounded interested in
                    it. That sounds like a fine idea to me.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 8, 2009
                      Hello,

                      We will try again, weather permitting, to have a festive Knitters Cafe'
                      on January 18th. If people would like to participate in a gift exchange
                      that would be great. We can hold a raffle for the Riihivilla Finnish
                      mitten kit, proceeds to benefit the textile collection. It starts at
                      1PM with a potluck.

                      Pat Brunner will give a short talk on Norwegian knitting then hold a
                      Q&A session on steeking, stranding techniques, and more. Check out her
                      beautiful designs on Ravelry as Patknitter ! She'll be teaching
                      Contemporary Nordic Design at the Nordic Knitting Conference.