Re: [nordicknitters] Elsbeth Lavold

  • Cerridwen Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2008
      Iwould love to go to this. I am working on one of the sweaters from her
      Viking Knits collection for my dad (took me a week to figure out that the
      chart had a misprint. Genius, I know :) )
      The black spaces you just pretend they aren't there. That is where the
      pattern will expand later with increases (I think). At least that is what I
      understood from the book I have. Good luck!!

      Cerridwen

      On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Barbara Mason <barbaramason45@...>wrote:

      > I took a class with Elspeth Lavold on cables when she was at the Nordic
      > Heritage last year. It was great. She was inspiring and I actually learned
      > something about starting and stopping cables in the middle of a project. I
      > haven't used it a lot but I found it interesting. ,,.)
      >
      > Thanks for the info,....for some reason this is being underlined...I swear
      > computers have their own mind....
      > I see I was spelling her name wrong and your post sent me looking at her
      > books, she has this big black square in places that I think I have figured
      > out to be double increases or double decreases to add and drop stitches to
      > make the work even for a cable, Am I correct? I cannot imagine what else it
      > could be, in other patterns I think it is just left blank with no marks, not
      > even squares, so that is what confused me. I hope I get into her class this
      > year.
      > Barbara
      > Recent ActivityVisit Your Group
      > Yahoo! Groups
      > Discover healthy
      > living groups and
      > live a full life.
      > Find helpful tips
      > for Moderators
      > on the Yahoo!
      > Groups team blog.
      > Moderator Central
      > An online resource
      > for moderators
      > of Yahoo! Groups.
      > Need to Reply?
      > Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the
      > Daily Digest.
      > Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Polls | Calendar

      > Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to
      > Traditional

    • Roberta Lord
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 18, 2008
        That's right. Since she adds stitches to accomodate her added cables, she leaves place holders on her pattern. It took a little while to get used to that, but then it makes sense. :)