Elsbeth Lavold

  • Barbara Mason
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2008
      I took a class with Elspeth Lavold on cables when she was at the Nordic Heritage last year. It was great. She was inspiring and I actually learned something about starting and stopping cables in the middle of a project. I haven't used it a lot but I found it interesting. ,,.)

      Thanks for the info,....for some reason this is being underlined...I swear computers have their own mind....
      I see I was spelling her name wrong and your post sent me looking at her books, she has this big black square in places that I think I have figured out to be double increases or double decreases to add and drop stitches to make the work even for a cable, Am I correct? I cannot imagine what else it could be, in other patterns I think it is just left blank with no marks, not even squares, so that is what confused me. I hope I get into her class this year.
      Barbara
      Recent ActivityVisit Your Group
      Yahoo! Groups
      Discover healthy
      living groups and
      live a full life.
      Find helpful tips
      for Moderators
      on the Yahoo!
      Groups team blog.
      Moderator Central
      An online resource
      for moderators
      of Yahoo! Groups.
      Need to Reply?
      Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Polls | Calendar

    • Cerridwen Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 18, 2008
        Iwould love to go to this. I am working on one of the sweaters from her
        Viking Knits collection for my dad (took me a week to figure out that the
        chart had a misprint. Genius, I know :) )
        The black spaces you just pretend they aren't there. That is where the
        pattern will expand later with increases (I think). At least that is what I
        understood from the book I have. Good luck!!

        Cerridwen

        On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Barbara Mason <barbaramason45@...>wrote:

        > I took a class with Elspeth Lavold on cables when she was at the Nordic
        > Heritage last year. It was great. She was inspiring and I actually learned
        > something about starting and stopping cables in the middle of a project. I
        > haven't used it a lot but I found it interesting. ,,.)
        >
        > Thanks for the info,....for some reason this is being underlined...I swear
        > computers have their own mind....
        > I see I was spelling her name wrong and your post sent me looking at her
        > books, she has this big black square in places that I think I have figured
        > out to be double increases or double decreases to add and drop stitches to
        > make the work even for a cable, Am I correct? I cannot imagine what else it
        > could be, in other patterns I think it is just left blank with no marks, not
        > even squares, so that is what confused me. I hope I get into her class this
        > year.
        > Barbara
        > Recent ActivityVisit Your Group
        > Yahoo! Groups
        > Discover healthy
        > living groups and
        > live a full life.
        > Find helpful tips
        > for Moderators
        > on the Yahoo!
        > Groups team blog.
        > Moderator Central
        > An online resource
        > for moderators
        > of Yahoo! Groups.
        > Need to Reply?
        > Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the
        > Daily Digest.
        > Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Polls | Calendar

        > Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to
        > Traditional

      • Roberta Lord
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 18, 2008
          That's right. Since she adds stitches to accomodate her added cables, she leaves place holders on her pattern. It took a little while to get used to that, but then it makes sense. :)