Re: [nordicknitters] Digest Number 365

  • Barbara Mason
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2008
      Alex,
      I would not worry too much about posting wrong, everyone has done it a time or two.

      I am getting excited about the conference in the spring...
      I signed up for the madrona list but have not received any current info. Is it just me or is it not up yet?
      Did those of you who took Elspeth Lavold's class find it worthwhile? I am interested in her designs, so much so that I bought one book twice. Good grief. I will have to bring it to the conference as a door prize.

      I wish again I were close enough to join you at the museum knit in, I will just knit here and think warm thoughts of all of you.

      I am actually going to take a class in two stranded knitting to see if they know more than I do...I knit with both yarns in the left hand and sometimes it is a mess untangling things. There must be a better way. I got one of those yarn separators that you wear on one finger but it does not seem to work for me....I will post if there are any amazing breakthroughs in the class. ha. More than likely the breakthrough will have to be in my brain.
      My best
      Barbara

    • Roberta Lord
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 17, 2008
        Barbara -

        There should be something coming out about Madrona soon. The class list usually goes up early in November or late in October.

        I took a class with Elspeth Lavold on cables when she was at the Nordic Heritage last year. It was great. She was inspiring and I actually learned something about starting and stopping cables in the middle of a project. I haven't used it a lot but I found it interesting. :)

        http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/115298556/direct/01/