Re: Need finullgarn source

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 3, 2006
      Have you tried Nordicfiberarts.com ? They have Rauma Finull.

      Karin

      --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Jody Grage" <jody@...> wrote:

      > I will be knitting my partner a Fana genser and I need to get the
      yarn, of
      > course. I have lots of finullgarn but not in two shades of green
      that we
      > want since he's on the steering committee of the Green Party of the
      United
      > State, too.
      >
      > I've tried emailing April Mills, but her email address isn't good.
      >
      > I can check at www.arnhild.com - but I thought I'd see if anyone
      has other
      > ideas that are perhaps closer and more direct.
      >
      > Jody Grage (Haug)

    • Terri Shea
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 7, 2006
        Arnhild has finullgarn in stock. I have a bag on my desk!

        terri@...

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 18, 2006
          It looks like Arnhild is wholesale only. She does list stores that
          carry the yarn though.

          Karin

          --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Terri Shea" <terri@...> wrote:

          > Arnhild has finullgarn in stock. I have a bag on my desk!
          >
          > terri@...
          >

          > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Jody Grage" <jody@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I will be knitting my partner a Fana genser and I need to get the
          > yarn, of
          > > course. I have lots of finullgarn but not in two shades of green
          > that we
          > > want since he's on the steering committee of the Green Party of
          > the United
          > > State, too.
          > >
          > > I've tried emailing April Mills, but her email address isn't good.
          > >
          > > I can check at www.arnhild.com - but I thought I'd see if anyone
          > has other
          > > ideas that are perhaps closer and more direct.
          > >
          > > Jody Grage (Haug)

        • Jody Grage
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 18, 2006
            The amount of information available on this list is wonderful!

            My partner has decided that he wants a softer yarn than the finullgarn,
            however. Pity because I really like the harder-finish yarns. But then I
            won't be wearing it!

            Thanks, Jody

            It looks like Arnhild is wholesale only. She does list stores that
            carry the yarn though.

            Karin

            --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Terri Shea" <terri@...> wrote:

            > Arnhild has finullgarn in stock. I have a bag on my desk!
            >
            > terri@...
            >

            > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Jody Grage" <jody@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I will be knitting my partner a Fana genser and I need to get the
            > yarn, of
            > > course. I have lots of finullgarn but not in two shades of green
            > that we
            > > want since he's on the steering committee of the Green Party of
            > the United
            > > State, too.
            > >
            > > I've tried emailing April Mills, but her email address isn't good.
            > >
            > > I can check at www.arnhild.com - but I thought I'd see if anyone
            > has other
            > > ideas that are perhaps closer and more direct.
            > >
            > > Jody Grage (Haug)

            Yahoo! Groups Links
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 18, 2006
              Nordic Fiber Arts sent a notebook of yarn samples and catalogs which
              I will be bringing to the meeting. We also have the 2007 Wooly West
              catalogs and I have some of their yarn cards from my stash which I'll
              bring too.

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 22, 2006
                Thank you Jody !!!

                Karin

                --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Jody Grage" <jody@...> wrote:

                The amount of information available on this list is wonderful!

                > My partner has decided that he wants a softer yarn than the
                finullgarn,
                > however. Pity because I really like the harder-finish yarns. But
                then I
                > won't be wearing it!
                >
                > Thanks, Jody

              • Terri Shea
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 22, 2006
                  If you haven't swatched it for him yet, consider true Shetland: Jamieson & Smith, or Jamieson's.  They are slightly thicker than Finullgarn, knit up nicely at 8spi in stranded work.  They're a bit less expensive, especially Jamieson & Smith which you can buy direct from the mill at http://www.shetland-wool-brokers.zetnet.co.uk/.  Lovely stuff.

                  Terri Shea
                  ------------------------------------
                  terri@...
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 6, 2006
                    Thank you Terri - I just added the link for Two Swans Yarns which
                    carries Jamiesons.

                    Karin

                    --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Terri Shea" <terri@...> wrote:

                    > If you haven't swatched it for him yet, consider true Shetland:
                    Jamieson & Smith, or Jamieson's. They are slightly thicker than
                    Finullgarn, knit up nicely at 8spi in stranded work. They're a bit
                    less expensive, especially Jamieson & Smith which you can buy direct
                    from the mill at http://www.shetland-wool-brokers.zetnet.co.uk/.
                    Lovely stuff.

                    > Terri Shea
                    > terri@...

                  • Terri Shea
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 7, 2006
                      Karen at Two Swans is a terrific resource, and always goes the extra
                      mile.

                      terri

                      --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "loweosborn" <loweosborn@...>