Breast Cancer Awareness Month

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2008
      October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Remember to get your
      mammogram and check yourself regularly.

      This Etsy vendor donates all proceeds from two of her patterns for the
      cause.

      rekandjk <http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5039327>

      Money made on
      "HELENE" HAT AND "HELENE" MITTEN PATTERN,
      WILL BE DONATED to MD Anderson Cancer Center.
      These patterns are designed especially,
      in honor of my sister, who is fighting breasts cancer.
      You can also, if you want, make a donation directly
      to the hospital, by visiting MD Anderson's web side at:
      http://www.mdanderson.org/ <http://www.mdanderson.org/>

      If anyone knows of other fiber arts related groups that do something
      similar please post it.

    • Vicki
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2008
        There is a group of 50 woman representing the 50 States of the USA who are
        knitting a pink shawl to raise money for the Susan G Komen foundation. Find
        us at TRAVELING SHAWL on Ravelry or the blog at
        http://www.traveling50statesshawl.blogspot.com/

        This has started in Arkansas and then to the East Coast within the last
        couple of weeks and will continue it's travel West. The plan is to have it
        finished within a year. Each of us has a copy of the pattern which has been
        designed by Kay Meadors, a wonderful designer out of Arkansas, and will knit
        the rows assigned to us whenever the shawl arrives at our door. We knit in
        Memory of or to Honor a survivor.

        Vicki near Seattle

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 28, 2008
          That is so amazing. Thanks for letting us know.