Votter i Norsk Tradisjon

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12 10:04 AM
      Someone contacted the museum looking for a book which had something
      about Petter Dass-Votten. One of our US knitting experts knew it was
      this book. It sounds very interesting.

      " There is a little paragraph about Petter Dass-votten on page 116 of
      Votter i norsk tradisjon by Ingebjorg Gravjord (Landbruksforlaget,
      1986). The mittens were originally in memory of a priest who lived from
      1647-1708. The mittens are mostly white with black at the top of the
      hand and thumb + diagonal lines of black and white at the wrist. Later
      miniature versions were made and sold as "minneting" (remembrances).
      There is a a reference to an article about the mittens by Elin Molaug
      in Ã…rbok for Lofoten 1985. The mitten book was reprinted recently and
      costs around $50. It's a great reference with lots of history and
      photos." (edited)

      Vesterheim Museum
      <http://store.vesterheim.org/index.php?cPath=1_498_374&sort=2a&page=1>
      doesn't appear to have it but they do have knitting books and kits. I'd
      like to get the beaded wristwarmers, as if I don't have enough projects
      already !!

      Does anyone know where this book can be ordered from ?