Not for profit yarn shop - Seattle

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2008
      This shop has been there for two years but I just read about it. 100% of
      the profits goes to support Northwest Family Life which works towards
      ending domestic violence.

      They sell new and donated supplies. They'll even take partial skeins to
      sell in grab bags.

      "A New Yarn accepts donations of yarn (any), patterns, and knitting or
      crocheting accessories. What better way to clean out your stash than to
      give back to others who love yarn? Donations are tax deductible and
      allow us to provide discounted yarn to those building confidence through
      creativity. You can stop by anytime during business hours and we will
      be happy to accept your donation."

      A New Yarn <http://www.anewyarn.org/>

    • wrenisland
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2008
        I just discovered A New Yarn about a month ago...it's an interesting
        place. They have a suprising selection! A lot of cool yarns, but many
        are in small quantities, so more appropriate for hats, scarves etc.
        There are large sweater quantities of many yarns, but the unique ones
        are often one-two skein items. Because a lot of the stock is donated
        by individuals I saw brands from around the country and arounf the
        world that I had never seen before! They are also very friendly.
        Parking can be iffy, but I found street parking across the street...