Vivian Høxbro e-newletter

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2008
      Dear Knitters!

      I have been working hard and I am almost touching ground on everything.
      Some times it all piles up. I am sure you know!

      I enjoy the summer here in little Denmark and I still love my morning
      swims in the sea.

      KNIT TO BE SQUARE
      My next book published by Interweave will be available very, very soon.
      It is a book on domino squares - and mainly smaller projects, such as
      tote bags, a tea cosy, a scarf, a stole etc. I hope you will like the
      book. I sure had fun designing and writing it. Here is the link to it on
      my website

      http://www.viv.dk/Books/KnitToBeSquare/KnitToBeSquare.htm
      <http://www.viv.dk/Books/KnitToBeSquare/KnitToBeSquare.htm>

      RAVELRY.COM
      I have now added my profile to the list of members. What a website! I
      even heard that Thanh Le is starting a group about my designs. I am
      really honored.

      NEW DESIGNS:

      LINES Shawl - which isn't really new as it is from the old collection
      (with the old yarn) and in the Dominoknitting book. I have now made it
      with Harrisville yarn and in other colors.

      LOLLI Sweater is a sweater with bright color stripes (they all have the
      same color stripes) and each colorway has its own main color. The fun is
      that a sweater with oatmeal as a main color is completely different from
      the sweater with the aubergine as the main color. Lots of fun and a very
      casual sweater!! Many of my friends have knitted it and they all love it
      (me too)!

      POP Sweater is exactly the same as LOLLI, but I left the main color out.
      That made this design extremely vibrant and very different from LOLLI.

      Actually both sweaters were meant to be one design: LOLLIPOP; but we
      decided to make it 2 designs for the sake of those who are going to pack
      these kits.

      ABSTRACT Stole is the bright colored stole made out of squares that are
      not finished. I call it "Domino for Lazy Knitters".

      It is included in "Knit to be Square", but you can buy it as a kit as
      well, so that you can get the exact same colors as in the book.

      September will be a month of relaxation – and I really need it. For
      I will be spending most of October and November in the US. I will be
      teaching several places. See http://www.viv.dk/ClassesUS/Classes.htm
      <http://www.viv.dk/ClassesUS/Classes.htm>

      Hope you are all fine and happy knitting!

      Vivian Høxbro