Re: [nordicknitters] Finnish mitten book

  • Marianne Kuokkanen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24 5:29 AM
      This is interesting. Some Finnish knitters repeatedly wrote to WSOY, the
      publisher, to get a reprint of the 1940's book. They always got a no.
      Suddenly, WSOY founded a craft book club called juju, and the book was
      sold only there. After some time, the book showed up for higher prices
      in other online bookshops, but was quickly withdrawn as the small
      printing was sold out.

      Apparently they have printed another batch. The first one was a
      facsimile copy of the original. They now finally seem to understand
      there's some interest!

      I joined the juju club and bought two copies of the book, then left the
      club, clearly stating why I had joined.

      Marianne in Finland
      http://ekebodesign.eu/blog/