Finnish mitten book

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2008
      I guess she has the book in now. Just write and ask her about it.

      --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@...> wrote:

      > There is now a reprint of Eeva Haavisto's mitten book. It will soon be
      > carried by Nordic Fiber Arts <http://www.nordicfiberarts.com/> Keep
      > checking their website for availability. You can check out the
      Haavisto
      > Ravelry group to see fabulous examples of these wonderful designs.

    • Marianne Kuokkanen
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 2008
        This is interesting. Some Finnish knitters repeatedly wrote to WSOY, the
        publisher, to get a reprint of the 1940's book. They always got a no.
        Suddenly, WSOY founded a craft book club called juju, and the book was
        sold only there. After some time, the book showed up for higher prices
        in other online bookshops, but was quickly withdrawn as the small
        printing was sold out.

        Apparently they have printed another batch. The first one was a
        facsimile copy of the original. They now finally seem to understand
        there's some interest!

        I joined the juju club and bought two copies of the book, then left the
        club, clearly stating why I had joined.

        Marianne in Finland
        http://ekebodesign.eu/blog/