Finnish mitten book

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2008
      There is now a reprint of Eeva Haavisto's mitten book. It will soon be
      carried by Nordic Fiber Arts <http://www.nordicfiberarts.com/> Keep
      checking their website for availability. You can check out the Haavisto
      Ravelry group to see fabulous examples of these wonderful designs.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 23, 2008
        I guess she has the book in now. Just write and ask her about it.

        --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@...> wrote:

        > There is now a reprint of Eeva Haavisto's mitten book. It will soon be
        > carried by Nordic Fiber Arts <http://www.nordicfiberarts.com/> Keep
        > checking their website for availability. You can check out the
        Haavisto
        > Ravelry group to see fabulous examples of these wonderful designs.

      • Marianne Kuokkanen
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 24, 2008
          This is interesting. Some Finnish knitters repeatedly wrote to WSOY, the
          publisher, to get a reprint of the 1940's book. They always got a no.
          Suddenly, WSOY founded a craft book club called juju, and the book was
          sold only there. After some time, the book showed up for higher prices
          in other online bookshops, but was quickly withdrawn as the small
          printing was sold out.

          Apparently they have printed another batch. The first one was a
          facsimile copy of the original. They now finally seem to understand
          there's some interest!

          I joined the juju club and bought two copies of the book, then left the
          club, clearly stating why I had joined.

          Marianne in Finland
          http://ekebodesign.eu/blog/