Knit Cafe' Seattle

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 17 6:02 PM
      We were going to take a break for the summer but a few of us are going
      to meet at the Museum on Sunday the 22nd between 2:30 and 5:00. Please
      come if you are able. Coffee and cookies of course.

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 13, 2008
        Hi, It's snowing as I write. If it really starts coming down there
        won't be a Knit Cafe' at the Museum. We can postpone our holiday
        celebration and raffle until January. Let's keep our fingers crossed !

        Karin
        Snohomish
      • rufusthecelt
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 14, 2008
          so i'm guessing no knit cafe today?

          beth

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 14, 2008
            I'm going to go in case people decide to come. If there are just a
            few we can have the raffle in January. The snow is beautiful to look
            at but not much fun to drive in !

            Karin

            --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "rufusthecelt" <oddlief@...>

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 14, 2008
              I tried going out and the roads are just too icy out here where I
              live. I will call the museum to let them know that I won't be there
              to set up, and will most likely be cancelled. We can try again in
              January. Better safe than sorry!

              Karin

              --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@...> wrote:

              > I'm going to go in case people decide to come. If there are just a
              > few we can have the raffle in January. The snow is beautiful to look
              > at but not much fun to drive in !
              >
              > Karin
              >
              > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "rufusthecelt" <oddlief@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > so i'm guessing no knit cafe today?
              > >
              > > beth
              > >
              > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@>
              wrote:

              > > > Hi, It's snowing as I write. If it really starts coming down
              > there
              > > > won't be a Knit Cafe' at the Museum. We can postpone our holiday
              > > > celebration and raffle until January. Let's keep our fingers
              > crossed !
              > > >
              > > > Karin
              > > > Snohomish

            • rufusthecelt
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 14, 2008
                Mary Ann has offered me a ride and it looks like we will go

                Beth
                --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@...> wrote:

                > I tried going out and the roads are just too icy out here where I
                > live. I will call the museum to let them know that I won't be there
                > to set up, and will most likely be cancelled. We can try again in
                > January. Better safe than sorry!
                >
                > Karin
                >
                > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I'm going to go in case people decide to come. If there are just a
                > > few we can have the raffle in January. The snow is beautiful to look
                > > at but not much fun to drive in !
                > >
                > > Karin
                > >
                > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "rufusthecelt" <oddlief@>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > so i'm guessing no knit cafe today?
                > > >
                > > > beth
                > > >
                > > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@>

                > > there
                > > crossed !

              • rufusthecelt
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 7, 2009
                  Are we doing a gift exchange for this month's cafe?

                  Beth
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 7, 2009
                    If people would like to do a gift exchange that would be fun.
                    We could hold the raffle too for the Finnish mitten kit, proceeds to go
                    to the textile collection.

                    wrote:

                    > Are we doing a gift exchange for this month's cafe?
                    >
                    > Beth

                  • rufusthecelt
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 8, 2009
                      I would like to do it. I ran into alex and he sounded interested in
                      it. That sounds like a fine idea to me.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 8, 2009
                        Hello,

                        We will try again, weather permitting, to have a festive Knitters Cafe'
                        on January 18th. If people would like to participate in a gift exchange
                        that would be great. We can hold a raffle for the Riihivilla Finnish
                        mitten kit, proceeds to benefit the textile collection. It starts at
                        1PM with a potluck.

                        Pat Brunner will give a short talk on Norwegian knitting then hold a
                        Q&A session on steeking, stranding techniques, and more. Check out her
                        beautiful designs on Ravelry as Patknitter ! She'll be teaching
                        Contemporary Nordic Design at the Nordic Knitting Conference.