Latvian Exhibit Nordic Heritage Museum

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2008
      I haven't made it into the exhibit yet but I hear there are quite a few
      mittens included in this collection. Can't wait to see them !

      The Latvians: Fifty Years in the State of Washington
      Friday, June 6, 2008 to Sunday, July 27, 2008

      In the years following World War II, immigrants from the Baltic State
      of Latvia found home and work in the state of Washington. Photographs,
      textiles, folk costumes and and fine art tell the story of the 50-year
      history of their daily lives, work, and accomplishments, and the
      cultural traditions they have kept alive in their new home.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 11, 2008
        The staff says there are 68 pairs of mittens on display !!
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 17, 2008
          I was just at the Museum this morning to see the Latvian exhibit and I
          LOVED it !!! The wall of mittens is fab and the little tiny mittens are
          so cute. The embroidered pieces, folk costumes, weavings, jewelry, etc..
          are fantastic. I'm going to have to go three or four more times just to
          soak in all that exquisite handiwork !