Possible Scandinavian Spinning Workshop Seattle

    Message 1 of 6 , May 23, 2008
      Thanks ! I'll add you to the list !

      Karin

      --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "E. Ellen Janda"
      <eellenjanda@...> wrote:

      > I would be interested in the workshop. Carol is a wonderful
      teacher and even though the material would not be new to me I would
      still take her class - a 3 day workshop - what a luxury!
      nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com<mailto:nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com>
      > Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 12:30 PM
      > Subject: [nordicknitters] Possible Scandinavian Spinning Workshop
      Seattle

      > We are trying to see if there is enough interest to hold a three
      day
      > Scandinavian Spinning Workshop. Possible dates would be mid to
      late
      > September.
      > Areas covered would be Scandinavian fleeces, prep and uses for,
      Bohus,
      > Z-plied, and Lovikka yarns and more.
      >
      > Instructor would be:
      > Carol Huebscher Rhoades
      > Living in Madison, WI, Carol has a special interest in the wools-
      their
      > preparation and spinning-and the techniques for traditional
      handspun
      > and knitted garments, particularly those of Scandinavia and
      England.
      > She is the Technical Editor of and a frequent contributor to Spin-
      Off
      > magazine, and has translated Swedish, Norwegian and Danish
      knitting
      > books. Her teaching has taken her around the U.S., including to
      SOAR
      > and WI Sheep & Wool Festival, as well as to England, Canada,
      Norway,

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 9 9:52 PM
        Workshop update.

        We've moved the dates of the Scandinavian Spinning Workshop to Oct 17-
        19.
        There are a few openings left. If you are interested please PM me at

        loweosborn at yahoo.com

        Should be very interesting and fun !