Possible Scandinavian Spinning Workshop Seattle

    Message 1 of 6 , May 23, 2008
      The approximate cost of this would be $300 for three days and a $30
      materials fee. We were thinking of the weekend of Sept. 26-28th.

      --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@...> wrote:

      > We are trying to see if there is enough interest to hold a three
      day
      > Scandinavian Spinning Workshop. Possible dates would be mid to late
      > September.
      > Areas covered would be Scandinavian fleeces, prep and uses for,
      Bohus,
      > Z-plied, and Lovikka yarns and more.
      >
      > Instructor would be:
      > Carol Huebscher Rhoades
      > Living in Madison, WI, Carol has a special interest in the wools—
      their
      > preparation and spinning—and the techniques for traditional
      handspun
      > and knitted garments, particularly those of Scandinavia and
      England.
      > She is the Technical Editor of and a frequent contributor to Spin-
      Off
      > magazine, and has translated Swedish, Norwegian and Danish knitting
      > books. Her teaching has taken her around the U.S., including to
      SOAR
      > and WI Sheep & Wool Festival, as well as to England, Canada,
      Norway,

      Message 2 of 6 , May 23, 2008
        Sorry about the multiple postings. Cost is not set in stone yet. It
        wouldn't be more than $100 a day. All proceeds to benefit the museum.

        Thanks, Karin
      • E. Ellen Janda

          Message 4 of 6 , May 23, 2008
            Thanks ! I'll add you to the list !

            Karin

            --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "E. Ellen Janda"

            nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com<mailto:nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com>
            > Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 12:30 PM
            > Subject: [nordicknitters] Possible Scandinavian Spinning Workshop
            Seattle

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 9, 2008
              Workshop update.

              We've moved the dates of the Scandinavian Spinning Workshop to Oct 17-
              19.
              There are a few openings left. If you are interested please PM me at

              loweosborn at yahoo.com

              Should be very interesting and fun !