Possible Scandinavian Spinning Workshop Seattle

    Message 1 of 6 , May 22, 2008
      We are trying to see if there is enough interest to hold a three day
      Scandinavian Spinning Workshop. Possible dates would be mid to late
      September.
      Areas covered would be Scandinavian fleeces, prep and uses for, Bohus,
      Z-plied, and Lovikka yarns and more.

      Instructor would be:
      Carol Huebscher Rhoades
      Living in Madison, WI, Carol has a special interest in the wools—their
      preparation and spinning—and the techniques for traditional handspun
      and knitted garments, particularly those of Scandinavia and England.
      She is the Technical Editor of and a frequent contributor to Spin-Off
      magazine, and has translated Swedish, Norwegian and Danish knitting
      books. Her teaching has taken her around the U.S., including to SOAR
      and WI Sheep & Wool Festival, as well as to England, Canada, Norway,
      Denmark and New Zealand.

      Please e-mail me at loweosborn at yahoo.com if you are interested.

      Thanks !! Karin
      Message 2 of 6 , May 23, 2008
        The approximate cost of this would be $300 for three days and a $30
        materials fee. We were thinking of the weekend of Sept. 26-28th.

        Message 3 of 6 , May 23, 2008
          Sorry about the multiple postings. Cost is not set in stone yet. It
          wouldn't be more than $100 a day. All proceeds to benefit the museum.

          Thanks, Karin
        • E. Ellen Janda
          Message 4 of 6 , May 23, 2008
            I would be interested in the workshop.  Carol is a wonderful teacher and even though the material would not be new to me I would still take her class - a 3 day workshop - what a luxury!

            Message 5 of 6 , May 23, 2008
              Thanks ! I'll add you to the list !

              Karin

              --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "E. Ellen Janda"

              nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com<mailto:nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 9, 2008
                Workshop update.

                We've moved the dates of the Scandinavian Spinning Workshop to Oct 17-
                19.
                There are a few openings left. If you are interested please PM me at

                loweosborn at yahoo.com

                Should be very interesting and fun !