FYI Madrona Summer workshops Seattle

    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2008
      FYI regarding summer Madrona Fiber Arts programs: Madrona is thrilled
      to announce our summer weekend workshops for this year! Please email
      Suzanne at suzanne@... as soon as possible to
      reserve your space in any of these workshops listed below.

      ALL WORKSHOPS ARE HELD AT SUZANNE'S LODGE STYLE HOME JUST 30 MINUTES
      FROM DOWNTOWN SEATTLE ON I-90. THERE IS ROOM FOR 6 STUDENTS TO STAY
      AT SUZANNE'S AT NO CHARGE. ALL WORKSHOP FEES INCLUDE MEALS AND
      MATERIALS. WE TAKE CREDIT CARDS AND CHECKS.

      Below are dates, brief descriptions and costs for each workshop. IF
      YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION, TO RESERVE A SPACE, AND/OR REGISTRATION
      INSTRUCTIONS, EMAIL SUZANNE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AT
      suzanne@...

      JUNE 7-8, 2008: KAREN ALFE - TOP-DOWN SWEATERS MADE EASY Karen
      Alfke's Top-Down Sweaters class has sold out at the Winter Retreat
      every year we offered it. Here is an exclusive opportunity to immerse
      yourself for 2 days with Karen and create the top-down sweater that
      you want – your size, your design, your yarn, any gauge! Karen is a
      well known and sought after Puget Sound teacher and designer. Her
      line of "UnPatterns" is her creative way to teach you to be an
      independent knitter. Those who have taken her classes love her
      enthusiasm and her clever techniques. WORKSHOP FEE of $225 includes
      continental breakfast, lunch and snacks for the 2 days and folder
      with all the details, pattern and instructions to construct your own
      top-down sweater. We take checks or credit cards.

      JUNE 27, 28, 29, 2008: JANINE BAJUS – DESIGN YOUR OWN FAIR ISLE
      Janine's Color in Fair Isle class is one of the most popular at the
      Winter Retreat. Here is your opportunity to design a Fair Isle
      sweater that reflects your own personality—traditional, contemporary,
      subdued, extroverted—a garment that incorporates patterns that have
      meaning to you, colors that make your heart sing, a design that fits
      and flatters. Designing your own garment can seem daunting—but taken
      step by step, you can do it. Janine will show you how! WORKSHOP FEE
      of $320 includes continental breakfast, lunch and snacks for the 3
      days, use of more than 200 colors of Shetland yarns for swatching
      your own designs, and handouts. We take checks and credit cards.

      JULY 18, 19, 20, 2008: CAROL H. RHOADES – SPINNING FOR ARANS, FAIR
      ISLE AND GUERNSEY Carol is the technical editor of Spin Off Magazine
      with an expertise in traditional spinning and knitting for garments
      of many heritages including the Irish, Scottish and Nordic
      traditions. Here is a rare opportunity to spend 3 days with Carol
      learning to spin the yarns from fleece used historically for handspun
      Aran, Guernsey and Fair Isle garments. You'll knit a sampler for each
      of these traditional styles with your handspun and imagine your next
      project of spinning the yarn for the sweater of your dreams in one of
      these traditions. WORKSHOP FEE of $340 includes continental
      breakfast, lunch and snacks for the 3 days, handouts and the Galway
      or Cheviot, Bluefaced Leicester and Shetland fleeces you will be
      working with in class. We take checks and credit cards.

      AUGUST 16-17, 2008 – SUSANNA HANSSON – BOHUS STICKNING Immerse
      yourself for two days in the tradition of Bohus knitting. A native of
      Sweden, Susanna has studied extensively and collected original
      samples of Bohus knitting to show you. Susanna shares the history and
      culture of this Scandinavian legacy while teaching you to make a
      little wristlet in the fine color stitch patterns of the Bohus
      tradition. As you work on your wristlets, you will come to see and
      understand how the patterns are created and enjoy seeing the colors
      come alive. WORKSHOP FEE of $250 includes continental breakfast,
      lunch and snacks for the 2 days and museum quality yarns in a kit to
      make your own Bohus wristlet. We take checks and credit cards.

      SEPTEMBER 13-14, 2008: EVELYN CLARK – DESIGNING LACE TRIANGLES Spend
      two days designing and knitting your own sample lace triangle with
      award winning lace designer and master teacher, Evelyn Clark. You'll
      learn lace design and charting using patterns from Evelyn's new
      book, "Knitting Lace Triangles" and other sources. Evelyn will also
      show you how to "read" your lace knitting and add edgings, beads and
      picots. WORKSHOP FEE of $225 includes continental breakfast, lunch
      and snacks for the two days and handouts. We take checks and credit
      cards.

      TO REGISTER OR GET MORE INFORMATION ON ANY OF THESE WORKSHOPS: Email
      Suzanne - suzanne@...

      2009 WINTER RETREAT IS FEBRUARY 12-15, 2009 We are bringing together
      a great group of teachers and classes for next year and will email
      you again before the end of summer with previews. Thank you again to
      all who attended the 2008 Winter Retreat for your very valuable
      suggestions and feedback. We will keep you informed about how we are
      putting your feedback to use. Check our website
      www.madronafiberarts.com for more information during the summer and
      fall. September and October is when everything comes together. The
      2009 Winter Retreat Schedule will be available on the website in
      later October and registration will open in early November.

      Remember, if you have a change in email address, be sure to go to our
      website and click on "Mail List" at the left hand side of the home
      page and enter your new email information. And be sure to keep us in
      your "safe" contacts list for your email provider.

      Of course, if you have any questions at any time just contact us.
      Many thanks for your support of Madrona Fiber Arts programs!

      Suzanne Pedersen suzanne@... Cornie Talley
      cornie@...