RE: [nordicknitters] Sievers School of Fiber Arts Wisconsin

  • Vicki
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 2008

      I’m in.  Sign me up!!  Heh heh!!!

      What is Lotto up to these days?

      Vicki

      From: nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com [mailto:nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Karin
      Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 9:10 PM
      To: nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [nordicknitters] Sievers School of Fiber Arts Wisconsin

      These courses are being offered here this summer. It's a lovely, lovely place. Wish I could go !

      Knitting & Crochet From Finland - Class Fee $ 360

      Carol Huebscher Rhoades Finnish woolens often feature distinctive colors, motifs and special techniques.  During the week we will study the history and practice the techniques for Korsnäs (knitting and crochet in one garment), Rya (yarn shag on the inside), and Rovaniemi mittens (multicolor texture knitting on the front only of circularly knitting).  In addition, we'll explore several old and new color motif traditions.  You'll have a choice of Finnish yarns for the small items (wrist warmers, bags, mittens) that you'll knit and crochet, and will also learn how to read a simple Finnish knitting pattern.  Materials fee of approx. $40-50 for yarns, handouts and patterns.  Intermediate to advanced knitting skills needed (familiarity with knitting on double-pointed needles and with 2 colors); beginner crochet skills or beyond.

      19 - For The Love Of Fair Isle Knitting: Corrugated Ribs, Steeks & Other Techniques
      - Class Fee $ 270

      Sandy De Master Learn the traditional techniques for constructing a Fair Isle sweater:  the "corrugated" ribbing, how to make and cut (yes, cut!) armhole and neck steeks, and various other construction and finishing steps.  You will knit a small "teddy bear" sweater of 2-ply fingering-weight Shetland yarn, using circular and double-pointed needles, which will allow you to complete the sweater during class.  The class will conclude with the necessary design considerations for making a full-sized sweater or cardigan.  Materials fee of $10 for handbook and approx. $10 for `Jamieson & Smith' Shetland yarn to knit your class project.  You must know how to knit circularly with double-point needles and have 2-color knitting experience.

       Sievers School of Fiber Arts