2009 Nordic Knitting Conference - Save the dates !

    Message 1 of 7 , May 6, 2008
      SAVE THE DATE! INTERNATIONAL KNITTERS GATHER IN SEATTLE FOR

      THE SECOND NORDIC KNITTING CONFERENCE

      Three-Day Conference Features Top Knitting Instructors and Designers

      from the U.S. and Scandinavia

      May 1, 2008—(Seattle) Expert knitters and designers from across the
      country and Scandinavia will gather in Seattle March 13-15, 2009,
      when the Nordic Heritage Museum hosts its second annual Nordic
      Knitting Conference. Internationally-acclaimed knitting experts from
      around Scandinavia and the U.S. will lead the three-day conference
      that is expected to draw knitters from around the world.

      The renowned line-up of world-class instructors includes Marianne
      Isager (Denmark), Katharina Brieditis (Sweden), Nancy Bush (U.S.A.),
      Beth Brown-Reinsel (U.S.A.), among others.

      The conference will also feature intensive, hands-on classes in
      various Nordic techniques representing Scandinavia's rich knitting
      traditions and contemporary interpretations of this legacy. The
      conference also includes a festive banquet Saturday evening, March
      14th with educational and social interactions with other knitters.

      In conjunction with the 2009 Knitting Conference, the Museum will be
      presenting a special exhibit, Elsebeth Lavold's "Knitting Along the
      Viking Trail." Hailing from Sweden, Lavold bases her contemporary
      knitted apparel on ancient Viking designs. She translates the 1,000-
      year-old symbols into elaborate, interlaced cables on sweaters and
      vests. For more information please visit www.ingenkonst.se/exhibit.htm

      Given the great enthusiasm for hand knitting in the U.S., classes
      were filled almost immediately last year. On November 10, 2008, class
      descriptions will be posted online at www.nordicmuseum.org and
      registration will begin Monday, December 1, 2008. There will be no
      early registration available. Please stay tuned to
      www.nordicmuseum.org for all future announcements concerning
      conference details and registration information.

      See you at the Nordic Heritage Museum!
    • patknitter@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , May 7, 2008
        I'm one of the "other" instructors and have been coordinating with a
        couple of other instructors and we are all really excited about
        developing the classes we will be teaching.

        Pat Brunner
        Message 3 of 7 , May 7, 2008
          This will be SO cool. Some of the instructors (Pat included !)
          will be developing classes using pieces from the Museum's collection.
          It will be so hard to decide on which courses to take !
        • Jennings, Teresa
          Message 4 of 7 , May 7, 2008
            But don't you think previous attendees should get to sign up early?  (Whine).

            Teresa

            Message 5 of 7 , May 7, 2008
              It's almost a year away and I want to sign up now !!

              I've put the list of instructors on the homepage if you want to see who
              else is teaching. This is pending.
            • wrenisland
              Message 6 of 7 , May 8, 2008
                Speaking as someone who was on the waiting list last year and never got
                in, I for one think registration should be open to all...or perhaps if
                preferential treatment were to be given, it should be to those of us on
                the waiting lists...
                Message 7 of 7 , May 8, 2008
                  We were very surprised how fast it filled up last year. There is no
                  preferential treatment given. Museum members have the same chance of
                  getting in as everyone else. I'm not sure if they are using the same
                  registration method as last time. I will ask and let you know.
                  It's pretty exciting !