handcoverings

  • nordicpat
    Message 1 of 5 , May 5 2:05 PM
      A friend showed me this stunning book "Handplagg til Bunader og
      Folkedrakter" (handcoverings) and I just had to have it. I ordered it
      from Norsk Fiber Arts. The price is shocking and of course it's
      written in Norwegian but the patterns are incredibly beautiful and
      they are all charted. The photography is just gorgeous and most of
      the models are wearing authentic bunads (Norwegian folk costumes).

      Pat Brunner in the middle of knitting some fingerless gloves
      Message 2 of 5 , May 6 11:26 PM
        That is a gorgeous book ! Can't wait to see your gloves !

        Karin

        --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "nordicpat" <patknitter@...>

      • patknitter@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , May 7 9:14 AM
          I need to expand on something I said about the Handplagg book, re: that
          it is expensive. I had in my head and meant to add that it is also a
          terrific bargain. It is in large format - a classic coffee table book
          - with gorgeous photography and beautifully printed. And, as a Swedish
          friend pointed out, it is published in a very small country in a
          language that very few people speak. It is very expensive to print
          limited editions like this.

          Pat Brunner in Seattle
        • vickikk99@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 5 , May 7 10:43 AM
            could you bring the book to the next Nordic Cafe for show and tell?
            Vicki

            From: "Karin" <loweosborn@...>

            Message 5 of 5 , May 8 12:34 PM
              Me again. I screwed up in my original post, the company that carries
              the Handplagg book is NORDIC Fiber Arts NOT Norsk.

              Note to Self: read before you hit send.

              Pat