Fun Portable Knitting Set on Etsy.com

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2008
      Thanks Kristen (who sells fab fiber under Allspunup on Etsy )for
      showing us your Portable Knitting Set at the last Monroe Knittters
      meeting. It's so cute I had to order one for myself ! Great for
      carrying around your Nordic sock or mitten projects.

      These are on Etsy.com under the seller ZigZagStitches. They come in a
      variety of fabrics including Japanese prints, Sock Monkey, Knitting
      Chickens, Kaffee Fassett, and more.

      Here's the description:

      This is matching set of a Boxy Bag zippered pouch, and a Sock and Go
      knitting tools mini case. It's great for any knitter who makes small
      items, especially socks. The Sock and Go case will fit inside the
      Boxy Bag, along with a small knitting project.

      The exterior fabric is cotton canvas, with sheep on blue, imported
      from Japan. (this is the fabric I requested !)

      Boxy Bag dimensions: Approximately 8 inches x 3.5 inches x 3.5 inches
      (20cm x 9cm x 9cm)
      The handle has a drop of approximately 5 inches (13 cm)
      The box shape enables the bag to stand upright vertically, or keep
      its shape horizontally. The zipper opens at the top when the bag is
      hanging vertically, so the contents will not spill out. The zipper
      has a ribbon tab at each end, and a bead on a cord zipper pull. The
      bag is lined with blue cotton, and finished with overcast seams.

      Sock and Go dimensions (with flap closed): Approximately 8 inches x
      2.5 inches (20 cm x 6.5 cm)
      It is configured with two pockets, one of which is divided. The case
      has a layer of quilt batting to protect your needles, and stiff
      interfacing for stability. It closes with a button. Make your own
      travel knitting kit by adding the tools you need.