Beth Brown-Reinsel E-Newsletter

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2008
      HI everyone!
      Not all of you know that I moved from Maryland last September to
      Vermont. This has been a dream of mine for many years! My first
      winter here was wonderful--lots of snow, but I never got stuck once!
      With the spring thaw comes Mud Season--a greater challenge than
      the snow, to be sure.

      I have been busy teaching around the country and trying to finish up
      my elusive second book. Also, I released some new patterns last fall
      (Fair Isle Bag and Nordic Mittens).
      Now, Aran Winter Set (mittens and scarf) will be ready just in time
      for spring! My timing may not be so great, but I am happy to get it
      finished now! I have started a blog, which I utilize sporadically,
      but it shows photos of what I am up to--projects, etc.

      I have been juggling around my teaching schedule and have opened up
      some new dates for this year. I will be hosting a workshop in Forest
      Hill, Maryland on May 10 and 11
      (Saturday and Sunday) at my mother's B&B
      (http://www.geocities.com/bemyguestbandb/).

      If you love a Victorian atmosphere and some great cooking (my Mom's
      the best) while taking a knitting class, give me a call to schedule
      your reservation. 802-387-3025. The class will cost $150 for the
      two days. If you would like to stay at the B&B, you can contact
      Edith Brown for room rates, which include breakfast (410-838-8943).

      I will be teaching the Norwegian Fana Cardigan over two days,
      limiting enrollment to a small group. If you have never sewn a steek
      or cut your knitting, this is the class for you! I love to teach
      this class--there are so many interesting techniques those clever
      Norwegians have come up with to create this gorgeous garment. Here's
      the class

      The Norwegian Fana Cardigan, 12 hours
      Level: Intermediate to advanced (Experience with double pointed
      needles is helpful.)
      The classic details and traditional construction of the Norwegian
      Fana Cardigan sweaters will be taught in this two-day workshop
      through the knitting of a small sweater.
      Techniques to be learned include circularly knitted body and sleeves,
      square and drop shoulder armholes, cut-and-sew armholes and front,
      knitted self -facings, buttonbands, and 2-color star, band, and
      checkerboard patterns. Designing one's own Fana cardigan will
      be discussed.

      You can see what the little sweater looks like on my website,
      http://www.knittingtraditions.com/c_descriptions.htm

      I also would like to let you know about some other upcoming special
      events:

      July 19-20, 2008 Summerlude-a Vermont weekend. Hosted by Margaret
      Klein Wilson of Mostly Merino yarns for an intimate group.
      www.mostlymerino.com

      August 10-16, 2008 Annual Vermont Retreat--this year in two
      parts! Hosted by Margaret Klein Wilson of Mostly Merino. There may
      still be a few spaces left!

      2009: Plan now for a Baltic cruise with me and Nancy Bush on the
      Holland America line!
      August 22- September 3, 2009: St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Copenhagen,
      the Oslofjord, Tallin, and Helsinki, to name a few cities, plus three
      days at sea filled with knitting classes!

      Well, that's all for now! Have a wonderful spring--get out that
      cotton and knit yourself
      something cool!

      Warmly,
      Beth