Knit Cafe' Seattle

    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 14, 2008
      This Sunday is the Knit Cafe' at the Museum. We start at 3:30.
      It's a great time to relax, knit, share ideas, and have goodies.

      Have a great day.

      Message 2 of 12 , May 12, 2008
        Hello,

        The last Knit Cafe' is Sunday before we take a summer break. Please
        come if you are able. As always coffee and goodies.
        It's a great time to chat, share ideas, admire each other's work, and
        more.
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 17, 2008
          We were going to take a break for the summer but a few of us are going
          to meet at the Museum on Sunday the 22nd between 2:30 and 5:00. Please
          come if you are able. Coffee and cookies of course.

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 13, 2008
            Hi, It's snowing as I write. If it really starts coming down there
            won't be a Knit Cafe' at the Museum. We can postpone our holiday
            celebration and raffle until January. Let's keep our fingers crossed !

            Karin
            Snohomish
          • rufusthecelt
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 14, 2008
              so i'm guessing no knit cafe today?

              beth

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 14, 2008
                I'm going to go in case people decide to come. If there are just a
                few we can have the raffle in January. The snow is beautiful to look
                at but not much fun to drive in !

                Karin

                --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "rufusthecelt" <oddlief@...>

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 14, 2008
                  I tried going out and the roads are just too icy out here where I
                  live. I will call the museum to let them know that I won't be there
                  to set up, and will most likely be cancelled. We can try again in
                  January. Better safe than sorry!

                  Karin

                  --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@...> wrote:

                  > I'm going to go in case people decide to come. If there are just a
                  > few we can have the raffle in January. The snow is beautiful to look
                  > at but not much fun to drive in !
                  >
                  > Karin
                  >
                  > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "rufusthecelt" <oddlief@>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > so i'm guessing no knit cafe today?
                  > >
                  > > beth
                  > >
                  > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@>
                  wrote:

                  > > > Hi, It's snowing as I write. If it really starts coming down
                  > there
                  > > > won't be a Knit Cafe' at the Museum. We can postpone our holiday
                  > > > celebration and raffle until January. Let's keep our fingers
                  > crossed !
                  > > >
                  > > > Karin
                  > > > Snohomish

                • rufusthecelt
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 14, 2008
                    Mary Ann has offered me a ride and it looks like we will go

                    Beth
                    --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@...> wrote:

                    > I tried going out and the roads are just too icy out here where I
                    > live. I will call the museum to let them know that I won't be there
                    > to set up, and will most likely be cancelled. We can try again in
                    > January. Better safe than sorry!
                    >
                    > Karin
                    >
                    > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I'm going to go in case people decide to come. If there are just a
                    > > few we can have the raffle in January. The snow is beautiful to look
                    > > at but not much fun to drive in !
                    > >
                    > > Karin
                    > >
                    > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "rufusthecelt" <oddlief@>
                    > > wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > so i'm guessing no knit cafe today?
                    > > >
                    > > > beth
                    > > >
                    > > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@>

                    > > there
                    > > crossed !

                  • rufusthecelt
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 7, 2009
                      Are we doing a gift exchange for this month's cafe?

                      Beth
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 7, 2009
                        If people would like to do a gift exchange that would be fun.
                        We could hold the raffle too for the Finnish mitten kit, proceeds to go
                        to the textile collection.

                        wrote:

                        > Are we doing a gift exchange for this month's cafe?
                        >
                        > Beth

                      • rufusthecelt
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 8, 2009
                          I would like to do it. I ran into alex and he sounded interested in
                          it. That sounds like a fine idea to me.

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 8, 2009
                            Hello,

                            We will try again, weather permitting, to have a festive Knitters Cafe'
                            on January 18th. If people would like to participate in a gift exchange
                            that would be great. We can hold a raffle for the Riihivilla Finnish
                            mitten kit, proceeds to benefit the textile collection. It starts at
                            1PM with a potluck.

                            Pat Brunner will give a short talk on Norwegian knitting then hold a
                            Q&A session on steeking, stranding techniques, and more. Check out her
                            beautiful designs on Ravelry as Patknitter ! She'll be teaching
                            Contemporary Nordic Design at the Nordic Knitting Conference.