Piecework Jan/Feb

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2008
      This months Piecework magazine features these great Nordic/Baltic
      related articles. Get yours as soon as it hits the stand as it might
      sell out as fast as the issue with the Märta Stina article !

      Highlights

      FROM THE ARCTIC CIRCLE: KNITTED ROVANIEMI MITTENS and Fingerless
      Rovaniemi Mittens to Knit
      by Leena Kariniemi-Alve
      The technique for these extraordinary mittens was developed by the
      Samí, indigenous inhabitants of the Old World Arctic.

      A Stork's Nest Scarf to Knit
      by Nancy Bush
      An elegant cashmere scarf worked in the traditional Estonian Stork's
      Nest pattern.

      THE TRADITION OF KNITTING IN LITHUANIA and Lithuanian Baby Mittens to
      Knit
      by Donna Druchunas
      Learn about Lithuania's legacy of knitting and make our floral-motif
      mittens for a sweet baby.

      TWO PAIRS OF KNITTED GLOVES FROM DENMARK and A Man's Danish Gloves to
      Knit
      by Lita Rosing-Schow
      Explore the similarities between two pairs of gloves that came into a
      museum's collection fifty-six years apart and create a reproduction
      of the man's gloves.

      ON THE WEB:
      ANNICHEN SIBBERN BØHN: PRESERVER OF NORWAY'S KNITTING HISTORY, WARTIME
      RESISTANCE FIGHTER and Norwegian Stockings to Knit
      by Terri Shea
      Read Annichen Sibbern Bøhn's remarkable story and download the
      instructions and charts for traditional fancy patterned knitted
      stockings

      http://www.knittingdaily.com/freepatterns/legwear/Norwegian-Knit-
      Stockings309-1.html
    • Sue
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2008
        I've subscribed since day 1 of Piecework, am looking forward to this
        issue, so glad they're doing a pattern from a country of it's origin,
        hopefully they'll do more.

        Sue on LI in NY
      • susanne björnerud
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2008
          Hi there,

          I asked in our PresStop-shop for that magazine but they didn't know about it.
          Is it an Us magazine or from where???

          I got very curious :-)

          Regards Susanne in Stockholm Sweden
        • Nancy
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 8, 2008
            US mag.. Interweave Press  try to google it..  nance

          • janetcharbonnier@att.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 8, 2008
              Hello All,

              The latest issue of Piecework magazine is available at Acorn Street Shop in Seattle, Washington, USA. I do not know if it is just an American publication. Perhaps if you were to contact the publisher at www.pieceworkmagazine.com you could find out.

              Janet

              From: "susanne bj�rnerud" <susanne.bjornerud@...>

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 9, 2008
                Thanks everyone for the info. then I can order it from Interweave, they have a good service.
                /Susanne