portland trip

  • Barbara Mason
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2008
      Hi all,
      I was going to snoop our all the stores for you only
      to find out someone has already done it...
      http://www.altportland.com/consume/yarn.shtml
      The ones within walking distance of the train depot
      are Dublin Bay and Knit Knot Studio. Knit Purl is easy
      to get to on the bus. Twisted should also be quite
      easy to get to by bus. The rest are just too far away
      for you to go there and back unless you know your way
      around on public transport. I would be happy to ferry
      some of you, but I only have a car and so many are
      coming down.... Abundant yarn is nice but about 30
      minutes south in Sellwood. I am not fond of the Yarn
      Garden but they do have a lot of stuff. NW Wools is
      really nice and about 15 minutes by car from downtown.
      So, if there are more people who live in Portland and
      have cars maybe we can get some of you to stores that
      are beyond walking distance. Let me know... I can take
      4
      Barbara