Re: Portland Yarn Crawl - 19 January via Train

  • Charisa Martin Cairn
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 11, 2007

      Forgot to show you pictures of our 2007 Portland Yarn Crawl. The group went down last year. We had so much fun we decided to do it again.

      See the pictures

      Reminder: if you join us, wear comfortable shoes - we'll be walking in the Portland Pearl District - where there are three great yarn stores, and Powell's books (world class book store.)

      - c

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 11, 2007
        I went and it was a blast !!

        Karin
      • Charisa Martin Cairn
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 19, 2007
          Last call for yarn crawlers!

          If you reply before 10am on Wed, 19 Dec, I'll be able to get you
          added. Please email me at onemorerow at charisamartincairn dot com
          with:
          your name on your ID
          how you'll pay (paypal works, there is a $2 processing fee)
          your email address
          your cell phone number
          The cost is coming in at $53.75 per ticket b/c we were able to get a
          group discount..but you must board with the group in Seattle.

          If you want to hop on further south, you are welcome to purchase your
          own ticket and meet up with us. Just let me know you are coming!

          - Charisa

          --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Charisa Martin Cairn"
          <cmc@...> wrote:

          > Yarn Crawl via the Train Seattle-to-Portland-to-Seattle. You are
          > invited!
          >
          > The Monroe BnB Knit group is heading to Portland, and you are
          invited to
          > join us.
          > Lest we find ourselves amidst grey and gloomy weather, let's
          forestall
          > the winter blues with a Portland Yarn Crawl
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/monroebnb/cal///group/monroebnb?
          v=4&t=120\

          Date:
          > 19 January 2008 * Time: Morning to Night! We return on the 6pm
          train
          > and arrive back in Seattle about 9:30pm. * Place: King Street
          > Station, Seattle, train to Portland * Cost: About $64 for the
          round
          > trip on the train, yarn spend is up to you. * ACTION NEEDED
          NOW! Let
          > me know if you are in, I need to book asap to get the lowest price
          > possible
          >
          > Contact me at onemorerow @ charisamartincairn . com (remove spaces
          > send me email)
          >
          > Hope you'll join us!
          > Charisa
          >
          > PS: Did I mention there is a Bar on the train? ;) AND, you get 6
          > blissfull hours of knitting in!

        • Deborah
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 29, 2007
            --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Charisa Martin Cairn"
            <cmc@...> wrote: Last call for yarn crawlers!

            Well...I'm a new member here, but not new to knitting on the Amtrak
            train to Portland! One of my daughters lives there (now in Gresham)
            and my favorite thing to do is to go down and back by train, and knit
            the whole way. My birthday is in January and I told my daughters that
            what I want for my birthday is to go to Portland on the train so I can
            sit and knit for hours. And that's what I'm doing! For Christmas my
            husband gave me 2 round trip tickets to Portland and back, for what he
            calls a "knitting break".

            You girls all have a good time!! I'll have a great time when I do it
            by myself next week.

            Deb

            May your bobbin always be full
          • Charisa Martin Cairn