Faroese Footlets

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2007
      Hi all,

      I took the Faroese Footlet class from Marilyn Van Keppel last weekend
      and was intrigued to find out more about them.
      There is a chapter about the Faroe Islands in the book
      "Nordic Knitting-Thirty one patterns in the Scandinavian Tradition"
      by Susanne Pagoldh.
      A pattern for the footlets is included. (Thanks CHR for pointing that
      out for me ) The book is out of print though I think.
      Ms. Van Keppel talked about this book
      "Føroysk Bindin-Garmynster
      136 two color graph patterns from the Faroe Islands" by Hans Debs.
      Offered by Schoolhouse Press

      If you want to buy Faroese yarn it is offered on this website. Lots
      of ready made clothing and "Viking yarn". Has anyone purchased
      anything from this company ?

      http://www.sirri.fo/default.asp?sida=685