Nordic Conference

  • Jennifer Wollesen
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 10, 2007
      I also want to add my thanks for a wonderful conference. I was blown
      away by the teachers and students attending. We had a friend from
      Seattle driving us around and your city and it's food is wonderful
      also. We liked Pike Street Market and the fish throwing, but what we
      learned at the conference was special. Thanks to all who put their
      heart and soul into it.
      Jennifer in Salt Lake City
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 11, 2007
        I'm so glad you enjoyed the Conference. Thanks to all the volunteers
        and the Museum for making it all happen !

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 19, 2009
          WOW, I had a great time and I hope everyone else did too. I LOVED my
          classes and was greatly inspired by my instructors. Marianne Isager had
          a creative mitten pattern using Domino, Domino/Shadow, and Entrelac.
          What a fun person !

          Evelyn Clark's Icelandic Modern Lace was wonderful, very interesting,
          and we got to go on a "field trip" within the museum to see their lace
          collection. Thanks to Evelyn, Karen, and Alex I made it thru my first
          lace sampler !

          Katarina Brieditis is a very creative designer and it's amazing what she
          has created using every scrap of felted sweaters for her DoRedo
          project. My daughter, who took the class with me, is now scrounging thru
          thrift stores for more sweaters. I've never seen her so excited about
          handicrafts !

          Did anyone go to the banquet ? She gave the presentation and I had no
          idea that she has done so much design work from fashion, traditional and
          contemporary knitting, porcelain, rugs, fabrics, IKEA, LINUM, etc..

          For those of us who were oohing and aahing over her Rorstrand dinnerware
          designs here is a picture off the website
          <http://www.rorstrand.se/web/rorstrandwww.nsf/pages/6F1E95162607DD32C225\
          7177003AED5D!OpenDocument&Expand=1> Looks like there are only two
          places listed there that sell in the US.

          If you still want to send in your evaluations/suggestions for the
          Conference please do so. We want to make it better and better !

        • knitabitt
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 20, 2009
            I want to send a BIG thank you to all the people that made the 2009 Nordic
            Knitting Conference possible. This was the first year I attended the conference
            and I was only able to attend the banquet and Evelyn Clarks 'Icelandic Shawl'
            class on Sunday. I was impressed by the way the conference was put together and
            by the inspirational talent of the teachers/designers that participated. It was
            great to have Acorn Street Shop, Toot Le Blanc & Co., Chalet in the Woods and the museum gift shop there to support the knitters with fantastic yarn, tools, and books.

            I encourage you to let Karin or Charlotte know what you liked or disliked about
            the conference. They and many others are striving to make the event a rich and
            gratifying experience for all!

            I also want to send out a HUGE thank you to Karin Lowe for pursuing her
            inspiration to approach the museum about bringing teachers and fiber artists
            from Scandinavia to share their talent. Karin has given us the opportunity to
            enriches our lives, strengthen our connection to our culture and heritage as
            well as share what we have learned.
            Tusen takk, Karin for your hard work and dedication to a great idea!

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 22, 2009
              Thanks for writing !

              A big thanks again to Charlotte and the museum volunteers who worked so hard to put this together !