Need finullgarn source

  • Jody Grage
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 3, 2006
      I will be knitting my partner a Fana genser and I need to get the yarn, of
      course. I have lots of finullgarn but not in two shades of green that we
      want since he's on the steering committee of the Green Party of the United
      State, too.

      I've tried emailing April Mills, but her email address isn't good.

      I can check at www.arnhild.com - but I thought I'd see if anyone has other
      ideas that are perhaps closer and more direct.

      Jody Grage (Haug)
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 3, 2006
        Have you tried Nordicfiberarts.com ? They have Rauma Finull.

        Karin

        --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Jody Grage" <jody@...> wrote:

        > I will be knitting my partner a Fana genser and I need to get the
        yarn, of
        > course. I have lots of finullgarn but not in two shades of green
        that we
        > want since he's on the steering committee of the Green Party of the
        United
        > State, too.
        >
        > I've tried emailing April Mills, but her email address isn't good.
        >
        > I can check at www.arnhild.com - but I thought I'd see if anyone
        has other
        > ideas that are perhaps closer and more direct.
        >
        > Jody Grage (Haug)

      • Terri Shea
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 7, 2006
          Arnhild has finullgarn in stock. I have a bag on my desk!

          terri@...

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 18, 2006
            It looks like Arnhild is wholesale only. She does list stores that
            carry the yarn though.

            Karin

            --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Terri Shea" <terri@...> wrote:

            > Arnhild has finullgarn in stock. I have a bag on my desk!
            >
            > terri@...
            >

            > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Jody Grage" <jody@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I will be knitting my partner a Fana genser and I need to get the
            > yarn, of
            > > course. I have lots of finullgarn but not in two shades of green
            > that we
            > > want since he's on the steering committee of the Green Party of
            > the United
            > > State, too.
            > >
            > > I've tried emailing April Mills, but her email address isn't good.
            > >
            > > I can check at www.arnhild.com - but I thought I'd see if anyone
            > has other
            > > ideas that are perhaps closer and more direct.
            > >
            > > Jody Grage (Haug)

          • Jody Grage
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 18, 2006
              The amount of information available on this list is wonderful!

              My partner has decided that he wants a softer yarn than the finullgarn,
              however. Pity because I really like the harder-finish yarns. But then I
              won't be wearing it!

              Thanks, Jody

              It looks like Arnhild is wholesale only. She does list stores that
              carry the yarn though.

              Karin

              --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Terri Shea" <terri@...> wrote:

              > Arnhild has finullgarn in stock. I have a bag on my desk!
              >
              > terri@...
              >

              > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Jody Grage" <jody@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I will be knitting my partner a Fana genser and I need to get the
              > yarn, of
              > > course. I have lots of finullgarn but not in two shades of green
              > that we
              > > want since he's on the steering committee of the Green Party of
              > the United
              > > State, too.
              > >
              > > I've tried emailing April Mills, but her email address isn't good.
              > >
              > > I can check at www.arnhild.com - but I thought I'd see if anyone
              > has other
              > > ideas that are perhaps closer and more direct.
              > >
              > > Jody Grage (Haug)

              Yahoo! Groups Links
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 18, 2006
                Nordic Fiber Arts sent a notebook of yarn samples and catalogs which
                I will be bringing to the meeting. We also have the 2007 Wooly West
                catalogs and I have some of their yarn cards from my stash which I'll
                bring too.

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 22, 2006
                  Thank you Jody !!!

                  Karin

                  --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Jody Grage" <jody@...> wrote:

                  The amount of information available on this list is wonderful!

                  > My partner has decided that he wants a softer yarn than the
                  finullgarn,
                  > however. Pity because I really like the harder-finish yarns. But
                  then I
                  > won't be wearing it!
                  >
                  > Thanks, Jody

                • Terri Shea
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 22, 2006
                    If you haven't swatched it for him yet, consider true Shetland: Jamieson & Smith, or Jamieson's.  They are slightly thicker than Finullgarn, knit up nicely at 8spi in stranded work.  They're a bit less expensive, especially Jamieson & Smith which you can buy direct from the mill at http://www.shetland-wool-brokers.zetnet.co.uk/.  Lovely stuff.

                    Terri Shea
                    ------------------------------------
                    terri@...
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 6, 2006
                      Thank you Terri - I just added the link for Two Swans Yarns which
                      carries Jamiesons.

                      Karin

                      --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Terri Shea" <terri@...> wrote:

                      > If you haven't swatched it for him yet, consider true Shetland:
                      Jamieson & Smith, or Jamieson's. They are slightly thicker than
                      Finullgarn, knit up nicely at 8spi in stranded work. They're a bit
                      less expensive, especially Jamieson & Smith which you can buy direct
                      from the mill at http://www.shetland-wool-brokers.zetnet.co.uk/.
                      Lovely stuff.

                      > Terri Shea
                      > terri@...

                    • Terri Shea
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 7, 2006
                        Karen at Two Swans is a terrific resource, and always goes the extra
                        mile.

                        terri

                        --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "loweosborn" <loweosborn@...>