More information Finnish Natural Dye Mitten kits and yarns

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2007
      Thank you Leena !

      Hi Karin,

      I was at the market all day yesterday and only read my mail this
      morning. It was a nice suprise to read your email. I have more mitten
      designs than the ones already in my blog, I am going to put more
      pictures of them there hopefully tomorrow . These designs are partly
      traditional finnish (the wrist and the thumb wedge), but my mother
      has made most of the actual patterns and I dye the yarn. They are all
      adult size and I have also english instructions along with the
      pattern in the kits (we have lots of english-speaking tourists here
      in the summertime).

      In my blog You can see the eight natural shades of yarn (white, three
      greys, sheep black and three different browns) and they cost 60
      euros/kg. The colors that I have dyed with plants and mushrooms (and
      cochineal, which is actually an insect) are a little different every
      time I dye, so I don't have a color chart, but You can see the colors
      in my blog and I have written the dye lot number on top of each skein
      in the pictures. I will post more pictures of my yarns when I dye
      them and I can also make small skeins, if You want many different
      colors and not so much just one color. The price for naturally dyed
      yarns is 100 euros/kg, the yarn is usually in 50-100 gram skeins, the
      price goes according ot weight. Smallest skein size is 20 grams, and
      they are 2,50 euros each. The yarn is two-ply and my needle
      recommendation is 2,5 - 3 (3,5), depending how tight you knit.

      We sell these, as also our yarn, here in Finland, but I can send them
      also to United States. The only trouble are big mailing costs.
      The kits cost 18 euros each and to send one to US costs in Economy
      class 6,40e (takes 10-15 days) and in Priority class12,30e (5-7days).
      For three kits, the cost would be 10,80 in economy class and for five
      14,90 and so on.

      How to pay, You can pay directly to our bank account and then I will
      send the package to you, but I will call next week the Visa company
      if it is possible that we can also recieve payments via internet. Now
      we can only charge Visa here in Finland.

      It is nice to meet knitters and dyers, as I think I am more a dyer,
      in the market, but the Internet makes the world so much smaller and
      now I can see Your work in Your blog and You can see my dyeings in
      mine:)
      I hope You enjoy reading about my dyeings in the future, too.

      Yours
      Leena