Birch leaves dye

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2007
      http://lenealve.blogspot.com/

      I love this ! I didn't know that birch leaves would create this lovely
      yellow !

      Karin
    • Maud Fast
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2007
        For those interested in natural dyeing, here is a link to Leena Riihelä's
        blog. She's a Finnish woman with quite an experience of natural dyeing, and
        she writes in English too!
        http://riihivilla.blogspot.com/

        Greetings from Finland,
        Maud
        www.maud.prettyposies.com

        > I love this ! I didn't know that birch leaves would create this lovely
        > yellow !
        >
        > Karin
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Kyra Zuck
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 15, 2007
          Wow, how do we get our mits on her mitten kits? (May 21 post on her blog)

          Kyra in Kansas City

          > I love this ! I didn't know that birch leaves would create this lovely
          > yellow !
          >
          > Karin
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Anita
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 15, 2007
            --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "loweosborn" <loweosborn@...> wrote:

            > http://lenealve.blogspot.com/
            >
            > I love this ! I didn't know that birch leaves would create this lovely
            > yellow !
            >
            > Karin

            I am born in a place called Ballangen just outside Narvik in the north of Norway. I loved the
            summers when the sun never went down. We played all night and went to sleep when we
            needed to. I just love the light that time of year.
            I miss it so
            Anita