Nordic Knitting Conference

    Message 1 of 12 , May 23 4:00 PM
      Registration is still open for the Nordic Knitting Conference.
      Go to www.nordicmuseum.org to see which classes are still available.
      This will be a very exciting event !! This will also include a Friday
      night banquet with Elsebeth Lavold as the keynote speaker, Saturday
      luncheon talk with Marilyn Van Keppel, and more.
      Please pass it on ! It's a wonderful way to help the Museum which has
      done so much in the past thirty years to preserve our Scandinavian
      Heritage.

      Thanks. Karin
    • Charisa Martin Cairn
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 8, 2007
        Hi All,

        I took Elsebeth Lavold's Viking Knits A class on Friday - and took just
        a few pictures of her class and of Vivian Hoxbro (in the class next
        door.) See the pictures:
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/charisamartincairn/sets/72157602292462107/

        Thank you to Karin and everyone on this list that made that happen. I
        had an enlightening time! I even finished my mitered cabled swatch. Yay!

        Charisa
      • vickikk99@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 8, 2007
          Please add my thanks and appreciation for the wonderful event.
          Do we know how many States were represented?  I know I met 3 women from Ohio.

          Vicki

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 8, 2007
            I met people from Kansas City, Minnesota, California, and more.
            It was a great time.

            Karin

            /

            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 22, 2009
              There are still openings in some of the classes at the Nordic Knitting
              Conference <http://www.nordicmuseum.org/> Check it out. It's coming up
              fast !

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 2, 2009
                The museum just updated the class lists on their website
                <http://www.nordicmuseum.org/index.php?t=events&c=full&e=416> There
                still is time to register if you are interested. Wow, it's next week !
                How exciting !

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 21, 2010
                  Registration information is up on the museum's website

                  Nordic Heritage Museum
                  <http://nordicmuseum.org/events.aspx#nordicknitting>

                  <http://nordicmuseum.org/events.aspx#nordicknitting>

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 21, 2010

                  • loweosborn@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 11, 2010
                      You can still register for a few classes at the Conference. If you would just like to go to the banquet Nancy Bush will be speaking on Estonian Lace.
                      Vendors will be Acorn Street, Toots LeBlanc, and 62 Degrees North which sells wool products and patterns from the Faroe Islands. The gift shop will have plenty of knitting books plus all their other wonderful Nordic items. All wonderful places to shop !
                      See you there !