Re:Walstedts yarn/Island troja

  • Sandy De Master
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2 8:38 AM

      Donna,

      I have been checking out the Walstedt web site.  Does it say what kind of wool they use in their yarn?  The picture of the sheep on their site looked like a Finnsheep.

      Thanks,

      Sandy

      Message 2 of 4 , May 2 12:25 PM
        I don't know that much Swedish but I think it says
        Svenska Lantrasfaar or Swedish Landrace.
        There are several breeds of Landrace though aren't there ?
        Gute, Forest, Vaarmland, etc..
        (sorry can't make my work keyboard change to Swedish)

        This website is interesting to me.
        Breeds of Northern European Sheep.

        http://www.rala.is/beta/10%20Swedish%20Gute%20sheep.htm

        Karin
      • Barbro.Wilhelmsson
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2 1:35 PM

          They have a variety of wool in their yarns. Some is for weaving; it is shiny and harder than the finer quality they use for knitting.

          Barbro