Hotels for conference

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 29, 2007
      Hej Louise,
      Won't there be a posting on the website of which hotels are closest
      and about public transportation in the future ?
      We are mailing out flyers to a number of local yarn shops and
      national companies. It's been posted on "One of Susannas", several
      other Yahoo groups, and the Seattle Knitters Guild I believe.
      All information on the dates, registration, class descriptions,
      teachers bios, etc. are on the Museum web site now.

      Please pass the information on to anyone who might be interested in
      attending. Should be a fantastic event !!

      Karin

      --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Louise" <ladberg@...> wrote:

      > Sorry, guys - the link didn't translate at all so just type or copy
      in the Museum URL
      > www.nordicmuseum.org and click the Conference link on the start
      page!

      > //Louise
      >
      > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Louise" <ladberg@> wrote:
      > >
      > > All available information regarding the NW Nordic Knitting
      Conference can be found on
      > the
      > > Nordic Heritage Museum website:
      > > www.nordicmuseum.org and choose the Knitting Conference link.
      > > Or click here Knitting Conference on the link and it will take
      you to the correct page.
      > > The website will be the one place to access information regarding
      the Conference in
      > October!
      > >
      > > Louise Joshua-Ladberg
      > > PR & Marketing
      > > Nordic Heritage Museum
      > >

      > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Mason
      <barbaramason45@> wrote:

      > > > The quiry about hotel rooms is a good one, there are lots in
      Seattle but what will be
      > > closest? Where will the conference actually be held? Do you have
      firm dates? If so I
      > missed
      > > that post. I almost think it should be advertised to knitting
      stores now so people can
      > leave
      > > the time freel
      > > > Best to all
      > > > Barbara

    • Louise
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 29, 2007
        That kind of information can naturally be added to the website, as of now it doesn't!
        I will forward the request to Stina at the Museum, she's handling all practical matters, with
        the help of the Conference Committée, which Karin is a member of.

        I'm unfortunately not in town, I'm in Sweden until late May, so I can only relay to Stina
        what is going on!

        Thanks,
        Louise

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 29, 2007
          Thanks Louise !

          --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Louise" <ladberg@...> wrote:

          > That kind of information can naturally be added to the website, as
          of now it doesn't!
          > I will forward the request to Stina at the Museum, she's handling
          all practical matters, with
          > the help of the Conference Committée, which Karin is a member of.
          >
          > I'm unfortunately not in town, I'm in Sweden until late May, so I
          can only relay to Stina
          > what is going on!
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Louise
          >
          > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "loweosborn" <loweosborn@>
          wrote:

          > > Hej Louise,
          > > Won't there be a posting on the website of which hotels are
          closest
          > > and about public transportation in the future ?
          > > We are mailing out flyers to a number of local yarn shops and
          > > national companies. It's been posted on "One of Susannas",
          several
          > > other Yahoo groups, and the Seattle Knitters Guild I believe.
          > > All information on the dates, registration, class descriptions,
          > > teachers bios, etc. are on the Museum web site now.
          > >
          > > Please pass the information on to anyone who might be interested
          in
          > > attending. Should be a fantastic event !!
          > >
          > > Karin
          > >

          > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Louise" <ladberg@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Sorry, guys - the link didn't translate at all so just type or
          copy
          > > in the Museum URL
          > > > www.nordicmuseum.org and click the Conference link on the start
          > > page!
          > > >
          > > > //Louise

          > > Seattle but what will be
          > > firm dates? If so I
          > > > missed
          > > stores now so people can
          > > > leave

        • Barbara Mason
          Message 4 of 9 , May 27, 2007
            I am signing up for the conference and having a little trouble figuring out what goes where...
            but I think I have it. How far is it to food during the conference? I am not a fan of boxed lunches as I have some allergies.

            I am really excited to come to this conference....how is the turnout so far? I can take the flier to my local knitting stores if you think more attendees are needed. Portland is not that far to drive.
            best to all
            Barbara
          • Vicki
            Message 5 of 9 , May 27, 2007
              Hi Barbara
              There are quite afew eating places in the area - not really easy walking distance, but close driving.  My friend and I(locals) decided not to opt for the box lunches either,  especially with the nice long lunch break.
              Hope to meet you there.
              Vicki
              Message 6 of 9 , May 27, 2007
                Thanks for signing up for the Conference ! If you could put some flyers
                up that would be great. There are some slots still open.

                There are plenty of places to eat on Market Street and along 15th.
                There is a QFC and Safeway in Ballard also.