Re: conference

  • Louise
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 29 9:47 AM
      Sorry, guys - the link didn't translate at all so just type or copy in the Museum URL
      www.nordicmuseum.org and click the Conference link on the start page!

      //Louise

      --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Louise" <ladberg@...> wrote:

      > All available information regarding the NW Nordic Knitting Conference can be found on
      the
      > Nordic Heritage Museum website:
      > www.nordicmuseum.org and choose the Knitting Conference link.
      > Or click here Knitting Conference on the link and it will take you to the correct page.
      > The website will be the one place to access information regarding the Conference in
      October!

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 29 11:23 AM
        Hej Louise,
        Won't there be a posting on the website of which hotels are closest
        and about public transportation in the future ?
        We are mailing out flyers to a number of local yarn shops and
        national companies. It's been posted on "One of Susannas", several
        other Yahoo groups, and the Seattle Knitters Guild I believe.
        All information on the dates, registration, class descriptions,
        teachers bios, etc. are on the Museum web site now.

        Please pass the information on to anyone who might be interested in
        attending. Should be a fantastic event !!

        Karin

        --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Louise" <ladberg@...> wrote:

        > Sorry, guys - the link didn't translate at all so just type or copy
        in the Museum URL
        > www.nordicmuseum.org and click the Conference link on the start
        page!

        > //Louise
        >
        > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Louise" <ladberg@> wrote:
        > >
        > > All available information regarding the NW Nordic Knitting
        Conference can be found on
        > the
        > > Nordic Heritage Museum website:
        > > www.nordicmuseum.org and choose the Knitting Conference link.
        > > Or click here Knitting Conference on the link and it will take
        you to the correct page.
        > > The website will be the one place to access information regarding
        the Conference in
        > October!
        > >
        > > Louise Joshua-Ladberg
        > > PR & Marketing
        > > Nordic Heritage Museum
        > >

        > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Mason
        <barbaramason45@> wrote:

        > > > The quiry about hotel rooms is a good one, there are lots in
        Seattle but what will be
        > > closest? Where will the conference actually be held? Do you have
        firm dates? If so I
        > missed
        > > that post. I almost think it should be advertised to knitting
        stores now so people can
        > leave
        > > the time freel
        > > > Best to all
        > > > Barbara

      • Louise
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 29 11:38 AM
          That kind of information can naturally be added to the website, as of now it doesn't!
          I will forward the request to Stina at the Museum, she's handling all practical matters, with
          the help of the Conference Committée, which Karin is a member of.

          I'm unfortunately not in town, I'm in Sweden until late May, so I can only relay to Stina
          what is going on!

          Thanks,
          Louise

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 29 3:29 PM
            Thanks Louise !

            --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Louise" <ladberg@...> wrote:

            > That kind of information can naturally be added to the website, as
            of now it doesn't!
            > I will forward the request to Stina at the Museum, she's handling
            all practical matters, with
            > the help of the Conference Committée, which Karin is a member of.
            >
            > I'm unfortunately not in town, I'm in Sweden until late May, so I
            can only relay to Stina
            > what is going on!
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Louise
            >
            > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "loweosborn" <loweosborn@>
            wrote:

            > > Hej Louise,
            > > Won't there be a posting on the website of which hotels are
            closest
            > > and about public transportation in the future ?
            > > We are mailing out flyers to a number of local yarn shops and
            > > national companies. It's been posted on "One of Susannas",
            several
            > > other Yahoo groups, and the Seattle Knitters Guild I believe.
            > > All information on the dates, registration, class descriptions,
            > > teachers bios, etc. are on the Museum web site now.
            > >
            > > Please pass the information on to anyone who might be interested
            in
            > > attending. Should be a fantastic event !!
            > >
            > > Karin
            > >

            > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Louise" <ladberg@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Sorry, guys - the link didn't translate at all so just type or
            copy
            > > in the Museum URL
            > > > www.nordicmuseum.org and click the Conference link on the start
            > > page!
            > > >
            > > > //Louise

            > > Seattle but what will be
            > > firm dates? If so I
            > > > missed
            > > stores now so people can
            > > > leave

          • Barbara Mason
            Message 5 of 9 , May 27, 2007
              I am signing up for the conference and having a little trouble figuring out what goes where...
              but I think I have it. How far is it to food during the conference? I am not a fan of boxed lunches as I have some allergies.

              I am really excited to come to this conference....how is the turnout so far? I can take the flier to my local knitting stores if you think more attendees are needed. Portland is not that far to drive.
              best to all
              Barbara
            • Vicki
              Message 6 of 9 , May 27, 2007
                Hi Barbara
                There are quite afew eating places in the area - not really easy walking distance, but close driving.  My friend and I(locals) decided not to opt for the box lunches either,  especially with the nice long lunch break.
                Hope to meet you there.
                Vicki
                Message 7 of 9 , May 27, 2007
                  Thanks for signing up for the Conference ! If you could put some flyers
                  up that would be great. There are some slots still open.

                  There are plenty of places to eat on Market Street and along 15th.
                  There is a QFC and Safeway in Ballard also.