Re: conference

  • Louise
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 29, 2007
      All available information regarding the NW Nordic Knitting Conference can be found on the
      Nordic Heritage Museum website:
      www.nordicmuseum.org and choose the Knitting Conference link.
      Or click here Knitting Conference on the link and it will take you to the correct page.
      The website will be the one place to access information regarding the Conference in October!

      Louise Joshua-Ladberg
      PR & Marketing
      Nordic Heritage Museum

      --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Mason <barbaramason45@...> wrote:

      > The quiry about hotel rooms is a good one, there are lots in Seattle but what will be
      closest? Where will the conference actually be held? Do you have firm dates? If so I missed
      that post. I almost think it should be advertised to knitting stores now so people can leave
      the time freel
      > Best to all
      > Barbara

    • Louise
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 29, 2007
        Sorry, guys - the link didn't translate at all so just type or copy in the Museum URL
        www.nordicmuseum.org and click the Conference link on the start page!

        //Louise

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 29, 2007
          Hej Louise,
          Won't there be a posting on the website of which hotels are closest
          and about public transportation in the future ?
          We are mailing out flyers to a number of local yarn shops and
          national companies. It's been posted on "One of Susannas", several
          other Yahoo groups, and the Seattle Knitters Guild I believe.
          All information on the dates, registration, class descriptions,
          teachers bios, etc. are on the Museum web site now.

          Please pass the information on to anyone who might be interested in
          attending. Should be a fantastic event !!

          Karin

          --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Louise" <ladberg@...> wrote:

          > Sorry, guys - the link didn't translate at all so just type or copy
          in the Museum URL
          > www.nordicmuseum.org and click the Conference link on the start
          page!

          > //Louise
          >
          > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Louise" <ladberg@> wrote:
          > >
          > > All available information regarding the NW Nordic Knitting
          Conference can be found on
          > the
          > > Nordic Heritage Museum website:
          > > www.nordicmuseum.org and choose the Knitting Conference link.
          > > Or click here Knitting Conference on the link and it will take
          you to the correct page.
          > > The website will be the one place to access information regarding
          the Conference in
          > October!
          > >
          > > Louise Joshua-Ladberg
          > > PR & Marketing
          > > Nordic Heritage Museum
          > >

          > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Mason
          <barbaramason45@> wrote:

          > > > The quiry about hotel rooms is a good one, there are lots in
          Seattle but what will be
          > > closest? Where will the conference actually be held? Do you have
          firm dates? If so I
          > missed
          > > that post. I almost think it should be advertised to knitting
          stores now so people can
          > leave
          > > the time freel
          > > > Best to all
          > > > Barbara

        • Louise
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 29, 2007
            That kind of information can naturally be added to the website, as of now it doesn't!
            I will forward the request to Stina at the Museum, she's handling all practical matters, with
            the help of the Conference Committée, which Karin is a member of.

            I'm unfortunately not in town, I'm in Sweden until late May, so I can only relay to Stina
            what is going on!

            Thanks,
            Louise

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 29, 2007
              Thanks Louise !

              --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Louise" <ladberg@...> wrote:

              > That kind of information can naturally be added to the website, as
              of now it doesn't!
              > I will forward the request to Stina at the Museum, she's handling
              all practical matters, with
              > the help of the Conference Committée, which Karin is a member of.
              >
              > I'm unfortunately not in town, I'm in Sweden until late May, so I
              can only relay to Stina
              > what is going on!
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Louise
              >
              > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "loweosborn" <loweosborn@>
              wrote:

              > > Hej Louise,
              > > Won't there be a posting on the website of which hotels are
              closest
              > > and about public transportation in the future ?
              > > We are mailing out flyers to a number of local yarn shops and
              > > national companies. It's been posted on "One of Susannas",
              several
              > > other Yahoo groups, and the Seattle Knitters Guild I believe.
              > > All information on the dates, registration, class descriptions,
              > > teachers bios, etc. are on the Museum web site now.
              > >
              > > Please pass the information on to anyone who might be interested
              in
              > > attending. Should be a fantastic event !!
              > >
              > > Karin
              > >

              > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Louise" <ladberg@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Sorry, guys - the link didn't translate at all so just type or
              copy
              > > in the Museum URL
              > > > www.nordicmuseum.org and click the Conference link on the start
              > > page!
              > > >
              > > > //Louise

              > > Seattle but what will be
              > > firm dates? If so I
              > > > missed
              > > stores now so people can
              > > > leave

            • Barbara Mason
              Message 6 of 9 , May 27, 2007
                I am signing up for the conference and having a little trouble figuring out what goes where...
                but I think I have it. How far is it to food during the conference? I am not a fan of boxed lunches as I have some allergies.

                I am really excited to come to this conference....how is the turnout so far? I can take the flier to my local knitting stores if you think more attendees are needed. Portland is not that far to drive.
                best to all
                Barbara
              • Vicki
                Message 7 of 9 , May 27, 2007
                  Hi Barbara
                  There are quite afew eating places in the area - not really easy walking distance, but close driving.  My friend and I(locals) decided not to opt for the box lunches either,  especially with the nice long lunch break.
                  Hope to meet you there.
                  Vicki
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 27, 2007
                    Thanks for signing up for the Conference ! If you could put some flyers
                    up that would be great. There are some slots still open.

                    There are plenty of places to eat on Market Street and along 15th.
                    There is a QFC and Safeway in Ballard also.