Another Finnish Mitten link

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2007
      Hei Marianne,

      I sent the Mitten group what you wrote about the black and red
      mitten. Someone was asking about this site.

      http://www.kaspaikka.fi/neulonta-A&O/asusteita_vaatteita/lapaset-
      kasineet/lapin-lapaset.htm#kierre

      I'm going to post the links there you gave from Garn Bouet. Thanks !

      Karin
    • Marianne Kuokkanen
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 22, 2007
        Hi Karin,

        the first mitten has been embroidered with cross-stitching. The diagram
        is correct for the Lapland mittens (Inari or Rovaniemi mittens). The
        second pair below is a modern version with a simpler thumb.

        Best,

        Marianne in Finland
        http://ekebodesign.eu/blog/