Faroese Footlets

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 12, 2007
      I scanned and added a picture of Faroese Footlets in the Danish Photo
      Album. Marilyn Van Keppel will be teaching a class on these at the
      Conference.
      Thanks Carol for telling me where to find it ! It's in "Nordic
      Knitting" by Susanne Pagoldh.

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 2007
        Hi all,

        I took the Faroese Footlet class from Marilyn Van Keppel last weekend
        and was intrigued to find out more about them.
        There is a chapter about the Faroe Islands in the book
        "Nordic Knitting-Thirty one patterns in the Scandinavian Tradition"
        by Susanne Pagoldh.
        A pattern for the footlets is included. (Thanks CHR for pointing that
        out for me ) The book is out of print though I think.
        Ms. Van Keppel talked about this book
        "Føroysk Bindin-Garmynster
        136 two color graph patterns from the Faroe Islands" by Hans Debs.
        Offered by Schoolhouse Press

        If you want to buy Faroese yarn it is offered on this website. Lots
        of ready made clothing and "Viking yarn". Has anyone purchased
        anything from this company ?

        http://www.sirri.fo/default.asp?sida=685