Re: One idea for the group

  • solveigpeck
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9, 2006
      FYI: Linda Jeffries and I will be having a (for profit) booth again
      this year at the museum where we will be selling knit goods and a few
      other things.

      Thanks,
      Solveig

      --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "loweosborn" <loweosborn@...>
      wrote:

      > I was thinking it would be nice to have a Nordic Knitters table at
      > Yulefest next year with items for sale (made by us )to benefit the
      > textile department of the museum, help fund workshops, charity, etc.
      We
      > could have knitted, felted , and other fiber arts items with a Nordic
      > theme - traditional and contemporary. Thoughts ?
      >
      > Karin

    • Kristina Strombo
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 9, 2006
        It may be difficult, as the museum has several long-time knitting vendors who sell their lovely things at the Yulefest. They might not want to compete with them.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Kristina Strombo
        206-919-8881
        kristina.strombo@...
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        From: "loweosborn" <loweosborn@...>
        Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 01:38:47 -0000

        >I was thinking it would be nice to have a Nordic Knitters table at
        >Yulefest next year with items for sale (made by us )to benefit the
        >textile department of the museum, help fund workshops, charity, etc. We
        >could have knitted, felted , and other fiber arts items with a Nordic
        >theme - traditional and contemporary. Thoughts ?
        >
        >Karin

      • Jennifer Sherley
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 9, 2006

          I think that's a great idea!  Original, handmade Christmas gifts for sale with a nordic flavor.

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 9, 2006
            Good point.

            Karin

            --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Kristina Strombo"