Horsehair naalbinding

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2007
      I took the picture of the mitten made of horsehair at the
      Västernorrlands Museum, Sweden last summer. See Photo section.
      The curator explained that these were not created for warmth put to be
      able to get a better grip on the fish when ice fishing. They could add
      a little wool to the horsehair to help it bind together better. Very
      coarse !

      It would be interesting to try and learn how to do this technique. I
      love the embroidery on some of them.

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 26, 2007
        Hi,

        I meant to say at the end I would love to do a pair of wool mittens
        to embroider on not the horsehair ones !

        Karin

        --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "loweosborn" <loweosborn@...>