Re: [nordicknitters] Riina Tomberg - Expert Estonian Knitter and Designer

  • Marianne Kuokkanen
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 12, 2007
      Hi Karin,

      it's not a traditional Finnish pattern. I'd say it's more Estonian, but
      it's been around for a long time. I didn't know it was Riina's :-)

      Riina has a knitting business in Estonia, she designs knitted items
      based on traditional patterns and sells them. They are made in Estonian
      wool yarn and knitted on domestic knitting machines. The wool is rather
      coarse.

      She has designed this jacket for the Finnish yarn company. She has also
      designed for Finnish magazines and books.

      Here's a little about her (the program for a nordic handicrafts camp in
      Estonia last year) and Estonian handicrafts:
      http://www.husflid.dk/aktuelt/aktivitet/laageeng%20parandatud.pdf

      Best,

      Marianne