Riina Tomberg - Expert Estonian Knitter and Designer

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2007
      Thanks Marianne for the correction. Guess I had T on the brain ! Is
      this an Estonian design or a Finnish one since it's for a Finnish
      company ? Do you recognize that type of pattern ?

      http://www.vuorelma.net/eng/index2.htm

      Karin

      --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, Marianne Kuokkanen
      <mariannekfi@...> wrote:

      > Her name is actually Riina Tomberg. But I didn't know that she has
      kits.
      > I have one of her jackets.
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Marianne in Finland
      > http://ekebodesign.eu/blog/
      >

      > > Expert Estonian knitter Tiina Tomberg has a sweater kit featured
      thru
      > > Vuorelma.net under Knitting kits. Site is in English and Finnish.
      > > Finnish designers are included of course.
      > > Thanks Nancy for mentioning her earlier.
      > >
      > > Karin

    • Marianne Kuokkanen
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 12, 2007
        Hi Karin,

        it's not a traditional Finnish pattern. I'd say it's more Estonian, but
        it's been around for a long time. I didn't know it was Riina's :-)

        Riina has a knitting business in Estonia, she designs knitted items
        based on traditional patterns and sells them. They are made in Estonian
        wool yarn and knitted on domestic knitting machines. The wool is rather
        coarse.

        She has designed this jacket for the Finnish yarn company. She has also
        designed for Finnish magazines and books.

        Here's a little about her (the program for a nordic handicrafts camp in
        Estonia last year) and Estonian handicrafts:
        http://www.husflid.dk/aktuelt/aktivitet/laageeng%20parandatud.pdf

        Best,

        Marianne