Tiina Tomberg - Expert Estonian Knitter and Designer

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2007
      Expert Estonian knitter Tiina Tomberg has a sweater kit featured thru
      Vuorelma.net under Knitting kits. Site is in English and Finnish.
      Finnish designers are included of course.
      Thanks Nancy for mentioning her earlier.

      Karin
    • Marianne Kuokkanen
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 11, 2007
        Her name is actually Riina Tomberg. But I didn't know that she has kits.
        I have one of her jackets.
        Thanks!

        Marianne in Finland
        http://ekebodesign.eu/blog/

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 11, 2007
          Thanks Marianne for the correction. Guess I had T on the brain ! Is
          this an Estonian design or a Finnish one since it's for a Finnish
          company ? Do you recognize that type of pattern ?

          http://www.vuorelma.net/eng/index2.htm

          Karin

          --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, Marianne Kuokkanen
          <mariannekfi@...> wrote:

          > Her name is actually Riina Tomberg. But I didn't know that she has
          kits.
          > I have one of her jackets.
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Marianne in Finland
          > http://ekebodesign.eu/blog/
          >

          > > Expert Estonian knitter Tiina Tomberg has a sweater kit featured
          thru
          > > Vuorelma.net under Knitting kits. Site is in English and Finnish.
          > > Finnish designers are included of course.
          > > Thanks Nancy for mentioning her earlier.
          > >
          > > Karin

        • Marianne Kuokkanen
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 12, 2007
            Hi Karin,

            it's not a traditional Finnish pattern. I'd say it's more Estonian, but
            it's been around for a long time. I didn't know it was Riina's :-)

            Riina has a knitting business in Estonia, she designs knitted items
            based on traditional patterns and sells them. They are made in Estonian
            wool yarn and knitted on domestic knitting machines. The wool is rather
            coarse.

            She has designed this jacket for the Finnish yarn company. She has also
            designed for Finnish magazines and books.

            Here's a little about her (the program for a nordic handicrafts camp in
            Estonia last year) and Estonian handicrafts:
            http://www.husflid.dk/aktuelt/aktivitet/laageeng%20parandatud.pdf

            Best,

            Marianne