Re: More photos from Sirkka Kononen and more

  • knit_chat
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 9, 2007
      Thanks Karin, again! I found the link to her online store in case
      anyone else would like to visit:

      http://www.ktypirkanmaa.fi/epages/pirkanmaa.storefront

      I can't really tell if this is for the kit or the knitted mittens
      all made up but I did find a link with a photo for them:

      http://www.taitopirkanmaa.fi/epages/pirkanmaa.storefront/45ccb3840019
      e5f527195274eb1006e1/Catalog

      Those were some photos you posted Karin! Nothing close to it on
      their website! I am wondering if they will ever publish patterns
      for anything other than the mittens!

      I also went over to Solveig Hisdal's site from the links list for
      the group, I had not seen that site before, her new collection of
      ready made knitwear is very beautiful, and very inspiring.

      Ann

      --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "loweosborn" <loweosborn@...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks for the information!
      >
      > Sirkka's more elaborate designs are available in her shop,
      handknit
      > and for sale. There are kits for her simpler designs. You can hit
      the
      > link thru Pirkanmaan Koitiyo Oy /One of Susannas under
      International
      > links-Finland. Pictures of her mittens from kits are under photos
      > Finland. The website is in Finnish but you can write to their e-
      mail
      > address with inquiries.
      > A mail order business here is looking into carrying Pirkka Yarn
      and
      > some of the kits.
      >
      > Ekebo design has kits as well of their own design.
      >
      > Karin
      >

      > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, knit chat <knit_chat@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Beautiful photos Karin! Thanks so much for posting all of
      them! I
      > had never heard of Sirkka Kononen or Ekebo Design. I did a little
      > Google search and found a little blurb from the Philadelphia
      Museum
      > of Art that provided a very interesting description:
      > >
      > > Marianne Aav, director of the Design Museum in Helsinki,
      helped
      > curate the Finnish section. Among the artists of note are Elina
      Saari