Purling in 2 colors

  • knit_chat
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2007
      Thanks Jody on your reply. I had another question....
      I think I saw the answer run by awhile back...but I can't remember the
      details. Has anyone had any luck with purling in two colors? I am
      back to picking one up and dropping one with my purl rows for a new
      sweater project and it is very time consuming. The few websites I saw
      out there seem to suggest that the only way to do it is by carrying
      two colors on one hand, each on a different finger, but I can't quite
      seem to visualize how this is done. If anyone has any links to share
      with some photos, I would really appreciate it.

      Thanks so much,

      Ann
    • knit_chat
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2007
        Sorry everybody, I finally found an answer that seems to work. I
        did not realize, you simply purl the same way you knit in two
        colors. It didn't make sense at first until I realized, you need to
        make sure you return the strand to the back of the work after your
        last finished stitch in each color so the floats don't carry across
        the front. There was a nice little video tutorial online showing
        how to continental purl which was really helpful:

        Video:
        http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/purl.php

        Here is another tutorial on the Norwegian Purl, a variation on the
        continental purl stitch:

        http://spellingtuesday.com/continentalpurl.html

        --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "knit_chat" <knit_chat@...>