RE: [nordicknitters] Re:question on converting patterns

  • Jody Grage
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2007
      It's just algebra.

      Original # of stitches divided by original # stitches per inch = new # of
      stitches divided by new # of stitches per inch

      Make that into a formula. You'll have three of the numbers. Use x for the
      unknown. Solve the equation.

      If you'd like I can do a demonstration at the meeting on Sunday 18 February.
      I'm an old math teacher and used "the knitting problem" to handle ratios,
      proportions, all of percentages, and a good part of beginning algebra.

      Jody Grage (Haug)