New Finnish Link

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2006
      Good Morning !

      I am trying to find useful links for the Nordic knitter. I wrote to
      someone I found on a Finnish blog and this is what she had to say -

      Hello!

      And sorry for taking some time in replying. It has been a busy week.
      Your knitters group sounds wonderful! Good luck with it. I like your
      slogan too, you don't have to be Nordic to knit Nordic. Funny!
      There are sure a lot of links you could add, and I'll look through my
      bookmarks this weekend. But one that I know without looking it up is
      Vuorelma, who produces Satakieli, a lovely yarn for mittens and
      socks. Nancy Bush uses this for several of her Estonian models, and
      it's the yarn I myself prefer to use for mittens. Vuorelma has
      international service too, and according to my Japanese friend, a
      very fast service, at least for Japan. You can find them at

      : http://www.vuorelma.net

      But, as I said, I'll make you a list for useful addresses.
      Maud

      They have knitting, embroidery, National Costumes, quilting, and more.
      Satakieli can be found on www.woolywest.com
      It's very nice. I knit a Nancy Bush sock pattern "Ilga" with it and
      liked it very much. Karin